Hyatt Purchasing Manager in AUCKLAND, New Zealand
PARK HYATT AUCKLAND IS SET TO OPEN IN 2019. * Permanent Full Time Position * Leading Global Hotel Brand * Competitive Salary & benefits * Learning, Development & Career advancement opportunities
About Park Hyatt Auckland
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world’s premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
As the Materials Manager you will be responsible for the planning and procurement of materials, including vendor development and administration of contracted services in accordance with the hotel policy and procedures. This position reports into the Director of Finance.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Ensure that hotel expenses are managed through the use of effective purchasing and by obtaining the most competitive prices for goods and services
- Implement all operating and control procedures to ensure that movement of goods into and within the hotel is properly accounted for.
- Establish with the Finance department, acceptable variances in inventory balances for each defined storage area and explain variances beyond these acceptable levels
- Prepare purchase specifications for food and beverage items in conjunction with the Executive Chef, and respective outlet heads of department.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of inventory items, par stocks and re-order points, standard requisition titles, purchase orders, unit of measure and inventory levels for all items held in inventory.
- Plan and implement an effective Learning & Development program for all employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum of efficiency.
* Ideally with a degree or diploma in Logistic, Supply Chain field * Relevant work experience in the same or similar role * A strong attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills * Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt atwww.hyatt.com.
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply now.
Primary Location: NZ-N-Auckland
Organization: Park Hyatt Auckland
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Procurement and Purchasing
Req ID: AUC000111
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.