Hyatt Banquets Cook - Entry Level in AUSTIN, Texas
Built in 1886 as a showpiece for Cattle Baron, Jesse Driskill, the Driskill is a legend in Texas hospitality. The hotel is known throughout Austin for its elite level of service and luxurious accommodations.
The Banquets Culinary Department assists the team when we have scheduled events at the hotel, such as weddings, business conferences, parties, etc. The hours for this position can vary depending on when events are scheduled, ranging from early morning to late at night. Candidates must have weekend/holiday availability.
The Entry Level Cook is a culinary position that requires basic culinary skills or related cooking experience and good communication skills. This is typically a production position that requires total supervision and training.
We Offer A Variety Of Benefits:
- Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance
- $1,000/yr for Educational Assistance
- Discounted Downtown Parking Options & Heavily Reduced Bus Passes
- Discounted Room Nights
- Free Meals in the Staff Cafeteria
- Sick & Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
* Requires good communication skills. * Basic culinary skills. * A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment. * Ability to stand for long periods of time. * Capable of performing repetitious duties. * Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: The Driskill
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: AUS003393
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.