Hyatt Intermediate Line Cook | 1886 Cafe & Bakery | AM in AUSTIN, Texas
Built in 1886 as a showpiece for Cattle Baron, Jesse Driskill, the Driskill is a legend in Texas hospitality. The hotel is known throughout Austin for its elite level of service and luxurious accommodations.
The 1886 Café & Bakery is one of the premier Downtown Austin restaurants. Located at the busy corner of Sixth and Brazos streets in Downtown Austin, it remains the social gathering place for visitors and locals alike looking for delicious traditional Texas comfort foods that combine time-honored traditions with contemporary preparation.
This is an intermediate line cook position that requires good communication and culinary skills. The desired cook candidate will have restaurant cooking experience and a culinary degree. An intermediate cook should have a professional knowledge of cooking ingredients and procedures. Intermediate cook will work single stations in the kitchen and require significant supervision and training.
We Offer A Variety Of Benefits:
- Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance
- $1,000/yr for Educational Assistance
- Discounted Downtown Parking Options & Heavily Reduced Bus Passes
- Discounted Room Nights
- Free Meals in the Staff Cafeteria
- Sick & Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
* Refined verbal communication skills. * 2 years of previous line experience preferred. * Culinary degree or related restaurant experience is preferred. * Candidate should be able to perform all basic cooking skills. * Able to work single station in the kitchen with little to no supervision. * A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment. * Ability to stand for long periods of time. * Must exhibit a positive attitude and have a passion for teamwork.
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: The Driskill
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: AUS004719
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.