Hyatt Social Media Director – China in BEIJING, China
The Social Media Director – China will be responsible for developing Hyatt China’s overall Social Strategy. The objective is to increase brand awareness, shape brand perception, safeguard reputation, and build preference, by reaching current and potential Hyatt guests through a wide range of social channels and tools.
He/She will report jointly to the Director of Communications - China, and the Social Media Director - ASPAC. The role requires a true team-player spirit, as there will be close collaboration across regions and functions including Hyatt’s Brand, Communications, Digital, Customer Care team, and external agencies.
/Scope of Responsibilities/
• Set the Social Strategy – One of the primary responsibilities for the Social leader is to develop a comprehensive Social strategy designed to drive awareness and consideration for the Hyatt Brand, while ensuring that all Social Media efforts are aligned with the broader Marketing strategy.
• Drive Social Engagement – Lead all Social Media efforts for Hyatt, with the core objective of shaping and managing brand reputation (both the corporate “Hyatt” brand, and all sub-brands), and driving traffic—directly or indirectly—to a variety of Hyatt websites and landing pages.
• Generate Breakthrough Content – Working very closely with Brand, Communications, Digital, Customer Care teams, and external agency partners, help generate—and distribute—breakthrough content that is aligned with, and supportive of Hyatt’s Brand story.
• Analytics & Insights – Determine and maintain KPI/Measurement frameworks to guarantee Hyatt is achieving relevant metrics as it relates to both paid and earned Social Media efforts
• Innovation & Training – Work cross-functionally to identify, evaluate and execute “what must come next” in Social Media. Additionally the Social Media Director will need to be an internal consultant for hotels in the China, providing them strategic direction on developing property level social strategy.
• Manage Agencies and Social Media Budget– Working with our incumbent agency, the Social Media Director will need to manage the Social Media operating budget and ensure the agency’s deliver on the proposed social strategy
/Experience/ · Minimum of 6-9 years of deep and relevant social media expertise, with a background in digital communications and marketing · The candidate must have cross-industry experience, preferably having worked in a senior digital marketing and/or social marketing role in the consumer or retail industry · Scope of previous roles should include setting social strategy, creative ideation, content creation, KOL relationship management, project management of social campaigns, and measuring results to show ROI through digital metrics
/Skill Set/ · Aligned to Hyatt’s leadership profile: CARE, SERVE, LEARN, ADAPT and ACHIEVE · Passionate about digital and social media, and willing to embrace and learn (Talented and agile) · Ability to express ideas clearly verbally and in writing in both English and Chinese (communication excellence) · Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills (High EQ) · Competent on digital analytics and social media (Technically strong) · Global view, comfortable with diversity and complexity (Culturally aware) · Influencing skills (proven ability to persuade others) · Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution) · Innovative (need fresh, imaginative thinking and willing to challenge the status-quo)
Primary Location: CN-11-Beijing
Organization: Hotel Management (Beijing) Co., Ltd
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: BEI000972
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.