Hyatt Sunriver Resort Front Desk/Room Operations Internship in BEND, Oregon
Our Guest Services Interns will participate in a program encompassing various facets of Front Office Operations.
FRONT OFFICE: The Front Office will include experience working at the front desk, as either a Front Desk Agent, Concierge, and/or Valet/Driver. The Front Desk Agent often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent first impression. S/he is responsible for guest registration, room assignments, and key control responsibilities. The concierge acts as a local tourist expert for guests. S/he offers assistance for guest regarding local dining, attractions, directions and activities. The Concierge will execute exceptional customer service and help guests create wonderful Sunriver Memories.
FRONT DESK - ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in internship meetings and project assignments.
- Greets and welcomes guests upon arrival
- Supervises day to day operations of Front Desk in a fast pace environment.
- Registers guests into computer system, verifying registration, address and credit information
- Accepts payment for guests’ accountants at the time of registration and check out
- Maintains accurate records of room availability
- Responsible for key control
- Contacts appropriate party, if necessary, when a guest problem is reported
- Answers incoming guests calls and transfers appropriately
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of Sunriver Resort including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
CONCIERGE - ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Makes activity reservations for guests
- Responds promptly and with accurate and creative suggestions to meet guests’ needs
- Confirms all reservations/arrangements made for guests
- Keeps detailed and accurate records of all guest interactions and requests daily paperwork and log sheets
- Maintains upkeep of all desk resources, including refilling brochure rack, making copies of flyers when low and keeping desk organized and immaculate.
- Ensures all materials are current and up to date
- Gives accurate directions as needed
*VALET- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: * * Opens lodge doors for incoming guests * Assists guest with their luggage * Opens car doors for guests * Valet parks cars during the check-in process * Maintains knowledge of valet parking lot flow
// EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION: * High school diploma or equivalent * Must be enrolled in a hospitality program * Prior hospitality experience highly preferred * At least one year customer service experience highly preferred * Must be enrolled in a hospitality program //
Primary Location: US-Oregon-Sunriver
Organization: Sunriver Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Seasonal
Job: Front Office
Req ID: SUN000228
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.