Hyatt Executive Chef in BOGOTÁ, Colombia
The Executive Chef will be responsible for the efficient running of the culinary function per Hyatt's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for menu planning, provisioning, food preparation, and sanitation. This position directs the training of culinary staff and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient and profitable food service. The position demands creativity on a daily basis, excellent communication skills, and the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards. The Executive Chef works well under pressure, is organized, flexible, self-motivated and is willing to work long hours.
- Instill safety and sanitation habits in all associates.
- Teach associates the importance of consistency in preparation and presentation
- Ensure that level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently
- Participate in total hotel management as a member of the Hotel Leadership Committee
- Hire, train, empower Culinary team, conduct performance and salary reviews
- Collaborate with Human Resources to recruit, interview and hire culinary team
- Looking to fill with Colombian national.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Thorough knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques
- 6 years or more of progressive hotel Culinary experience (typically with Hyatt)
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- At least 4 years experience in a senior role in a culinary environment
- Proven leadership skills & Hyatt values
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume property, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and associate relations, and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Maintain communications with Corporate Office
- Coach and counsel associates to reflect Hyatt Service Standards and Procedures
Primary Location: Colombia-Bogotá
Organization: Grand Hyatt Bogota
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: BOG000006
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.