Hyatt Event Services/Banquet Supervisor in CHARLESTON, South Carolina
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Banquet Supervisor is responsible for making the function space visually appealing and presenting the menu offering for the event. This may include linen and table setting, food station design, and beverage service. Other duties include oversight of the general banquet preparation, room refreshes, and maintaining a sanitary environment. This person may assist in scheduling required staff for banquet functions.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Supervisory experience preferred as this position will oversee hotel associates
- 1-2 years experience working in a guest service oriented establishment preferred
- College degree preferred
- Intermediate word and excel required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule as the hours for this management position will vary.
- Strong organizational, project management and detail orientation skills, with the ability to multi-task in order to meet a variety of deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and a can-do positive attitude
- Ability to lift a moderate amount of weight
Primary Location: US-SC-Charleston
Organization: Hyatt Place Charleston/Historic District
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHA001638
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.