Hyatt Event/Banquet Manager in CHARLESTON, South Carolina
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Banquet Manager is responsible for overseeing the functions/setup/cleanliness/and scheduling of the banquet space. This may include organizing linen and table setting, food station design, and beverage service. Other duties include oversight of the general banquet preparation, room refreshes, and maintaining a sanitary environment. This person will assist in scheduling required staff for banquet functions, as well as hiring, and disciplinary procedures for these positions. A true hands on management approach as well as schedule flexibility is required.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Supervisory/Management experience preferred as this position will oversee hotel associates
- 1-2 years experience working in a guest service oriented establishment preferred
- College degree preferred
- Intermediate word and excel required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule as the hours for this management position will vary.
- Strong organizational, project management and detail orientation skills, with the ability to multi-task in order to meet a variety of deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and a can-do positive attitude
- Ability to lift a moderate amount of weight
Primary Location: US-SC-Charleston
Organization: Hyatt Place Charleston/Historic District
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Req ID: CHA001650
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.