Hyatt Administrative Assistant – Corporate Transactions Group & Joint Venture Administration in CHICAGO, Illinois
The CTG & JVA Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative assistance, support and coordination of department activities and responsibilities for a team of six colleagues, including the global function head and other senior corporate executives.
CTG is responsible for ensuring Hyatt preserves the value of existing management agreements, franchise agreements and leases globally and engages across a range of corporate transactions, arising out of a variety of owner concerns including financial, workouts, restructurings, conversions, agreement amendments and extensions, financings and defaults. JVA is responsible for the overall management of the relationships with our joint venture partners, including oversight of the formation and maintenance of joint ventures, liaising with our partners, proactively working through hotel distress situations, financings, re-capitalization and executing the disposition of JV assets.
- Answer and screen incoming calls, take messages and handle matters, as appropriate.
- Manage active calendars, coordinate meetings/events.
- Arrange and manage detailed travel plans (air and ground transportation and hotel accommodations), obtain travel visas, trip itineraries and agendas. Ensure travel details appear on traveler’s calendar.
- Assist with development and maintenance of databases to track critical contract and legal agreement dates.
- Collaborate with Joint Venture team on tracking of critical deadlines for reporting and governance matters.
- Administrate certain components of Asset Management Committee and Triage Committee.
- Create presentations in PowerPoint.
- Arrange for payment of business expenses; prepare and process business expense reports.
- Strong organization skills needed in order to work on multiple and, at times, competing projects with meticulous attention to detail in fast paced environment.
- Prepare written communication and reports.
- Keep current and advise the team on activities at The Hub.
- Natural ability to anticipate needs of the group and create efficiencies with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential and sensitive data while showing a high degree of professionalism and maturity.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 7 years administrative experience
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Cheerful demeanor, helpful nature with a collaborative and teamwork approach.
- Proven ability to project a professional image and shown capability of working independently
- Track record of good judgment and critical thinking
- High School diploma; some college courses preferred
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Touch Keyboarding/Touch Typing
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008555
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.