Hyatt Associate Manager, Loyalty Marketing in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Loyalty Marketing Associate Manager is a strong project manager with a consumer-first mindset, direct marketing experience and a strong creative marketing background who can balance a number of cross-functional projects in a fast-paced environment with a globally recognized hotel company.
An essential member of the World of Hyatt loyalty marketing team, the Associate Manager will be responsible for understanding the loyalty program and the value it provides members. This role will be expected to develop and execute integrated marketing plans and communications to support global initiatives to drive membership growth, incremental stay activity and member engagement. This includes writing agency briefs and initiating assignments with cross-functional teams, managing internal and external resources to develop, execute and translate communications for a variety of marketing channels including email, website, direct mail, in-hotel, social, digital, app and more.
This role will also serve as a resource to internal colleagues and provide recommendations for how to best leverage loyalty communications to support goals and behavior. The Associate Manger will be a champion of the loyalty program, the brand standards and ensure all marketing closely adheres to them.
• Lead, plan, and manage development and execution of monthly eSummary, includes gathering content from multiple stakeholders, developing messaging matrix, determining targeted audience, managing multiple agencies, including translations, testing and reporting
• Develop marketing plans and agency briefs and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns to support member acquisition, retention and engagement. Could include the following:
o In-hotel membership collateral
o Program enhancements/announcements
o Ongoing membership activity messages on the website and electronic membership newsletter
o Associate Rewards quarterly redemption and quarterly offers
o Member Discount rate
o Sales offers
o Holiday marketing
• Project manage and develop communications to support brand and regional hotel offers and marketing initiatives. Partner and collaborate with internal stakeholders to support their objectives.
• Lead marketing planning, creative development and implementation of communications to support program acquisition through hotel colleague Associate Rewards program
• Lead and develop communications including email, website pages and flyers to support World of Hyatt sales initiatives
• Understand operational needs of marketing programs to effectively execute campaigns and troubleshoot problems; also understand data to assist in analyzing communication effectiveness
• Build and manage relationships with multiple internal teams including; campaign analyst, ecommerce, brand marketing, social and customer service as well as external resources including creative agency, ESP provider and printer to effectively support project execution. Keeps appropriate resources informed. Manages timelines to ensure work is completed on time.
• Manage third party vendor/agency to manage inventory and reprints of in-hotel collateral; manage budgets within projects
• Understand the World of Hyatt loyalty program benefits and competitive frequent guest programs
• Detail oriented, strong time management and effective project management skills
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• 5 years of marketing communications/agency/account management/project management experience across a variety of categories
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to multi-task and meet many timely deadlines
• Excellent communication skills – writing/presentation skills
• Basic analytical skills and comfort with Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience across all marketing channels (email, digital, print, direct mail, video, social, web)
• Experience or exposure to a variety of industries a plus; hotel, travel and/or loyalty is noteworthy
• Creative/innovative approach to problem solving
• History of delivering results and implementing change
• Proven ability to collaborate across a highly matrixed organization
• Ability to build and leverage internal and external relationships
• Demonstrates being a team player, “we versus I” mentality
• Strong listening skills and takes others’ feedback and opinions into consideration
• Highly professional and able to appropriately represent company to external partners
• Bachelor's degree required
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Proven track record of developing and executing marketing campaigns across multiple communication vehicles including email, direct mail, social and website
• Proven track record of project managing multiple projects at one time
• Strategic thinker with a passion for creativity and innovation
• History of delivering results and implementing change
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Positive, can do attitude
• Problem solver
• Ability and willingness to operate in a fast-paced, complex corporate environment
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to communicate and inform effectively internally and with Agencies
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI010931
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.