Hyatt Cloud Engineer in CHICAGO, Illinois
Position Summary Hyatt is seeking a Cloud Engineer. This position will provide technical expertise in our on-prem linux environment along with cloud based workloads. This engineer will be part of Hyatt’s Virtualization/Cloud team responsible for on-going support and expansion of Hyatt’s private and public cloud. The engineer will be responsible for operational support of Hyatt infrastructure along with running projects to continue to improve and expand Hyatt’s technical footprint. This role will be expected to work with both internal customers and external vendors to meet the demands of the business.
- Ensure the 24x7 availability and reliability of cloud deployments for on-prem and off-prem workloads
- Be a technical resource for Linux and Cloud to support Hyatt infrastructure
- Evaluate industry best practices and apply them as appropriate, keeping management apprised of trends and emerging technologies
- Keep abreast of current industry trends for private/public cloud and how those trends should be incorporated within Hyatt.
- Work collaboratively with team members and leadership to execute on projects and solutions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 5 years of IT operations experience
- 24x7 operations and continuous availability experience
- Hands on experience with at least one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google, etc)
- Hands on experience with industry standard hypervisors (Xen, Hyper-V, VMware)
- Significant fluency with automation and scripting.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Scripting (Bash, Python, etc)
- Significant expertise in any Linux kernel (Redhat, Centos, Ubuntu, etc).
- Working knowledge of networking and network service fundamentals (routing, load balancing, DNS/DHCP)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team or on an individual basis
- Willingness to occasionally work off-hours as required
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Global Operations Center
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Information Systems
Req ID: CHI008299
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.