Hyatt Content Operations Engineer in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt is currently seeking a Content Engineer to provide technical operations support for Hyatt.com and the supporting CQ5/AEM applications. This position is ideal for someone who is skilled and passionate about solving technical problems focusing on the customer experience.
This position is a member of the team that is responsible for the daily support and maintenance of the Hyatt.com production and test environments and supporting applications in both traditional managed services and Cloud based solutions. The team ensures Hyatt.com is operating within expected page response time, error rates, and availability and reports incidents and problems to both internal Hyatt Business and Product Owners and external vendors. Additionally, the team supports the Content Management Systems used to display digital assets on Hyatt.com. The team works closely with the development team and third party vendors to identify and resolve critical production issues and also with the development operations team on test and production deployments using Agile methodologies. Finally, the team establishes new technical operational strategies in cooperation with hosting vendors and internal technology teams.
The Content Engineer will report to the Director, Platform Operations in the Global Operations Center at Hyatt’s corporate offices located in downtown Chicago.
- Day-to-day operational support of the Hyatt.com eCommerce systems and environments
- Provide Tier 3 Production 24x7 on-call support (rotation)
- Change, Incident, and Problem management including Root Cause Analysis
- Track and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for website and application operations
- Participate in code deployments to production and test environments
- Improve and document operational and troubleshooting procedures
- Install and maintain CQ5 / AEM application
- Support CQ5 / AEM content users
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties or responsibilities may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- The ideal candidate should enjoy a challenging, fast paced environment with a focus on quality, operational excellence and industry leading innovation. Additionally, the ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work in a team environment and contribute as an individual, as well be results driven, a self-starter, and effective at prioritization.
- 3 years experience hands on support and troubleshooting of ecommerce solutions
- 2 years experience hands on Adobe CQ5 / AEM System Administrator / Dispatcher configuration
- 2 years experience hands on Adobe CQ5 / AEM Developer
- Experience with CQ5 / AEM upgrades and migrations
- Working knowledge of incident, problem, and change management best practices
- Working knowledge of source control and change control methodologies specific to environment configuration management
- Working knowledge of supporting UNIX applications running on dedicated servers, VMWare, or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Solid understanding of data security, networks, mobile apps, and mobile web
- Strong business and technical acumen being able to effectively communicate with both teams
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience with the implementation and management of procedures in a technical operations environment, including managing and reporting on quality and operational metrics
- Experience with APIs and integrating software, SOA, and integration framework
- Experience in the creation and/or execution of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans
- Experience with Splunk, writing queries and building dashboards
- Experience with New Relic Dynatrace, or similar Application Performance Monitoring Tool
- Experience with Bash, Python, Perl or similar scripting language
- Experience with Ansible or similar Configuration Management Tool
- Strong Agile and DevOps experience preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred
- Preferred candidate is passionate about travel and the Hospitality industry
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Global Operations Center
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008324
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.