Hyatt Coordinator GHT Onboarding - Americas in CHICAGO, Illinois
This position will coordinate the GHT Onboarding projects in their region (approximately 20 projects a year). These projects include Hotel Openings, Acquisitions, Deflags and other projects as assigned by their manager. The Coordinator will handle the creation of project schedules, booking Hyatt & vendor resources, conduct training and any administrative duties associated with these tasks. In doing so they will ensure the successful implementation of Hyatt’s technology footprint and onboarding of Hyatt’s new colleagues.
The position will require coordination of multiple projects and priorities at the same time. Interaction and communication with the Onboarding Manager, other departments within Corporate and the hotels as well as vendors will be critical.
• Create and manage the onboarding schedule for each assigned project that includes systems in GHTO’s scope as well as other teams we partner with (World of Hyatt, Brands, Colleague Advantage). Liase with hotel leadership to determine number of training rooms needed, coordinate with global vendors on resource availability and distribute to all relevant parties (vendors, regional office, hotel, other implementation teams)
• Conduct training classes related to systems and topics within GHTO’s scope as needed during hotel onboarding. Must be able to conduct training sessions in person and virtually.
• Assist with the development of training materials for use by the GHTO team, the hotels or our vendors. Training materials include slide decks, trainers notes, and videos.
• Maintain a relationship with Hyatt’s vendors across the Americas (5 different vendors/offices) that implement and train the systems installed at new Hyatt hotels. This is done through regular meetings with vendor counterparts during the course of each project to discuss project needs.
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Hotel Supervisory Experience in Operations (2 years)
• Experience managing multiple initiatives (1 years)
• In depth knowledge of core property management systems (PMS, CRS, Sales & Revenue)
• Experience in conducting classroom and virtual training (1 years)
• College degree preferred of equivalent work experience with major hotel management company
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Experience with Hyatt systems, Reserve, Opera PMS, Envision, Prio, WoH app
• Experience with varied Guest Service Systems is helpful
• Moderate experience with Microsoft Office
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Must be able to handle multiple projects in varied stages of planning
• Ability to work closely with multiple business units, understanding the varied priorities
• Must be a self starter and comfortable working independently, working with others remotely and with different cultures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as planning is done remotely
• Occasional travel to support project needs. Approximately 10% of time.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI010907
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.