Hyatt Corporate Paralegal in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Manager of Legal Services will assist with marketing and intellectual property matters including drafting and negotiating contracts. The paralegal will report directly to an attorney within the Legal Department, but will also work directly with other business groups within the organization at the corporate and hotel level.
The preferred candidate will have completed a paralegal certification program and will have worked at least 3 years in a law firm or corporate legal department with considerable experience reviewing and drafting contracts. Candidate must have excellent project management skills, in depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles, the ability to work independently and as a part of a team, superior interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines in a dynamic and growing company. Strong communication (oral and written), organization, analytic and computer (Word, Excel and Internet) skills are a must. Review and draft marketing vendor contracts
• Review and draft marketing vendor contracts
• Analyze legal documents and provide guidance to the marketing department
• Develop resources to provide legal support to the field
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
• Minimum 3 years in a law firm or corporate legal department with considerable experience reviewing and drafting contracts.
• Proven, excellent project management skills,
• Proven, in depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles,
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team,
• Ability to demonstrate superior interpersonal skills,
• Experienced in effectively managing multiple projects and deadlines in a dynamic and growing company.
• Strong communication (oral and written)
• Experience with marketing agreements and intellectual property matters is a plus.
• Prior hospitality or other service industry experience is a plus.
• College degree (or equivalent) and reasonable exposure to contracts
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Paralegal certificate
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job:
• Microsoft Office (all)
• Contract and Document Management Software
Additional Comments and Requirements:
• Effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Work independently and part of a team
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008317
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.