Hyatt CRS - Lead Developer in CHICAGO, Illinois
As Software Developer Lead, you will be responsible for applying superior knowledge of design principles and best of class software development practices to innovate & support core Central Reservation Systems experiences on GCC Agent and Back Office applications. The Software Developer Lead will work collaboratively with Engineering and Product to support and build a best-of-class reservation processing experience.
The ideal candidate is a creative, passionate, pragmatic thinker that can identify opportunities to solve problems and analyze customer data to support the central reservations suite of applications in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates will have experience working with business end users, business analysts, and other partners to determine requirements and propose approaches to address users' needs. This role will partner closely with engineering and product management peers, as well as data analytics, to elevate the global guest experience across Hyatt’s web and mobile products.
Reporting to the Director of Application Development, this is a decision-making role responsible for the support, development, prioritization, execution and delivery of software solutions and data support across the entire central reservations suite. The Software Developer Lead will play a key role in researching, defining, innovating and delivering cutting edge software solutions that enable GCC capabilities. This role will work closely with the Jinan, China support team guiding their support and development prioritization to meet the goals of the CRS roadmap and support real-time activities of the application users.
· Leads the support, development and delivery of colleague-facing, data-driven solutions and designs for the Hyatt Central Reservations Suite.
· Optimizes software delivery through the use of CI/CD best practices, development trends, testing and colleague quality assurance.
· Explores new patterns and practices, enhancing methodological toolkit to enhance and improve the applications and customer data support.
· Coaches and guides junior software developers and evolves the software delivery process to create high-quality products informed by data, usability and best practices.
· Works collaboratively with Engineering and Product to support and build a best-of-class reservation processing experience.
· Manages multiple support streams and software package releases simultaneously.
· Consistently and clearly communicate status to CRS leadership and business stakeholders
· Demonstrates a commitment to Hyatt core values.
· The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
· 5 years of experience as a software developer, solutions designer, data analyst or similar role designing & developing colleague facing, batch processing, and services based applications
· Experience working with relational database query languages, Informix preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in Unix/Linux support in high-transaction volume environments.
· Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams to foster healthy and high performing teams based on technical feasibility, business viability, and customer desirability.
· Experience in leading cross-functional teams, presenting to senior leadership, and effectively engaging external vendors in design work
· Experience bringing industry leading consumer experiences to market
· Hotel or airline online experience desired
· Bachelor's degree required
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Web Development, or Data Analytics
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
· Java , C, Informix 4gl, Unix scripting, Perl scripting, Linux scripting, DB SQL
· Microsoft Office
· SPLUNK dashboards, queries
· Jenkins, Checkmarx, Bitbucket
Additional Comments and Requirements
· Candidates must have experience leading small development and support teams. They must have experience overseeing design, development, and testing work across channels and with a multi-functional team, managing multiple efforts at one time and working effectively with a range of stakeholders. They should be fluent in development and deployment principles, best practices and trends.
· Candidates for this role should enjoy a challenging, fast-paced environment with a focus on quality and industry leading innovation. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, be a self-starter, and be effective at managing multiple projects and priorities.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI010974
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.