Hyatt Director, Data Privacy & Information Governance in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with widely recognized, industry leading brands and a tradition of innovation developed over our more than fifty-year history. The Director of Data Privacy and Information Governance will provide support for all aspects of the Hyatt Data Privacy and Information Governance Program (the “Program”), including enterprise review and deployment of privacy and records best practices, legal analysis of privacy laws, implementation of legal hold and eDiscovery best practices, review and revisions of corporate records policies and scheduling, and development and delivery of Program training for all Hyatt colleagues. The Director will be expected to work cross-functionally with IT, Legal, Risk Management, and Operations to develop best practices for the Program.
As the Director of the Program, this individual will:
• Be the primary resource for legal research for all Data Privacy laws globally and enhance procedures for tracking and analysis of these laws and regulations.
• Work with the Chief Privacy Officer to identify and implement required changes throughout Hyatt for the Program, including training and communication outreach strategies for the Program to instill awareness, integration and reinforce compliance by all Hyatt colleagues.
• Work with the litigation team on discovery requests, development of Container Profiles and Legal Hold/eDiscovery Program administration.
• Manage the legal Document Management System, legal library staff and directives involving the legal library and work to enhance document handling processes for the Legal Department.
• Formally create systematic revision processes for the Program and work with the Chairperson of the Privacy and Information Governance Sub-Committee to implement enhancements and communications.
• Work with the Chairperson of the Privacy and Information Governance Sub-Committee to conduct legal research and implement regular revisions to the Records Management Policy and retention schedules, and communicate with all stakeholders about legal and tax requirements.
• Work cross-functionally to help Records Coordinators, IT System Owners and IT Business Owner in each department, region, and at the hotels to implement best practices for compliance with Hyatt’s policies.
• Review and revise corporate business policies to achieve consistency with the Program requirements.
• Work closely with Hyatt’s Records Management vendors to assist with overall program improvements and changes in the business.
• Work with IT and the Chairperson of the Privacy and Information Governance Sub-Committee to establish requirements for the management of all repositories, incorporate privacy and lifecycle management requirements into systems design and closeout, and manage records lifecycle with IT and IT Legal counsel.
• Collaborate with IT and corporate functional groups to plan and develop support for information management strategies within the corporate disaster preparedness and business continuity program.
• Law Degree
• Minimum of three, but preferably five or more years of experience in one or more of the following practice areas: Privacy, eDiscovery, Information Governance, Information Systems, or a related field
• Ability to function effectively as a Project Manager for multi-department Data Privacy and Litigation Hold projects
• Proven ability to lead teams, articulate program goals, and provide leadership to all levels of staff and stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communicator
• Experience with using electronic systems, including the Microsoft Suite of products and specifically Sharepoint
• Licensed to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction
• Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or Certified Information Security Professional (CISP)
• Certification, Affiliation or active participation in privacy or records management organizations (IAPP, ARMA, AIIM) or function
• Familiarity with scanning technologies
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Associate General Counsel of Compliance with additional reporting responsibilities to the Senior Counsel of Litigation/Chairperson of the Privacy and Information Governance Sub-Committee.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008303
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.