Hyatt Director, Leader Development in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Director, Leader Development will collaborate with business and HR leaders to create and execute on a talent strategy to develop world class leaders and build the future leadership capabilities of Hyatt. This role is responsible to design, deliver and measure the impact of scalable development solutions to support the growth of Hyatt leaders for the enterprise.
- End to end ownership of leadership development strategies, assessments, programs and processes, including: o Assessing needs, designing scalable learning solutions and ensuring smooth delivery and integration o Creating and sourcing required content and tools for world class leader development o Continual evaluation of solutions not only for quality and business impact, but scalability
- Serve as a role model for excellent instructional facilitation and develop those capabilities in others
- Facilitate learning solutions in either physical classroom or virtual setting
- Provide coaching and ongoing support of current and future leaders using Hyatt’s Leader Assessment and other identified tools
- Establish strong collaborative relationships with business leaders to identify performance improvement opportunities, close knowledge or performance gaps, and gather source content for a development curriculum
- Create a measurement strategy to determine business impact and effectiveness of development solutions
- Collaborate with Leader Development team to design and execute a 360-degree colleague survey that measures the ability of leaders to drive a culture of care in order to achieve business results
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 10 years of professional experience, with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in design, delivery and integration of development tools (including blended learning, eLearning and other training methodologies) assessments and programs
- Demonstrated expertise as a consultant, innovator and thought leader who brings out-of-the-box development solutions that build organizational capabilities and delivers business outcomes
- Experience measuring business impact of programs and tools and using talent analytics to drive decision making
- Possesses a track record in the area of leader development from conception to design to implementation and can deliver, measure and demonstrate continuous improvement of development solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in adult learning, instructional design, human resources or a related field
- Disciplined self-starter, able to prioritize and maximize resources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of the organization including senior leadership
- Ability to effectively facilitate small and large group learning sessions with a variety of audiences, including senior leadership
- Skilled collaborator as part of a team and also working independently to deliver results
- Comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast paced environment with a strong focus on enabling and driving transformational change
- A listener who is also creative, analytical and end user obsessed
- Willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Open to global travel as needed
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Human Resources
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Human Resources
Req ID: CHI008320
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.