Hyatt Director, Learning Design in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Director, Learning Design will focus on building learning solutions in alignment with organizational business priorities and objectives; creatively designing and implementing effective methods to educate and enhance performance. This role is responsible to build, innovate, and simplify learning solutions and programs at a global scale.
The position requires the ability to bring new ideas and diverse perspectives to the organization and develop actual content and the associated materials to deliver the programs. The ability to design in a variety of learning modalities is key, as we work to scale learning across a rapidly evolving organization.
- Coordinate instructional design projects from inception to completion, including: o Partnering with key stakeholders to assess needs, o Finding and developing appropriate content that is aligned with Hyatt’s Purpose, Brands and Values o building materials; including storyboards for e-learning, webinars, video scripts, job aids, and facilitator guides o Running pilots and iterating based on feedback.
- Partner with internal and external curriculum designers to build development experiences to meet the needs of diverse communities, while increasing the cultural dexterity and competence of the broader organization.
- Work with internal subject matter experts to map out, develop and implement a user learning experience that is meaningful, impactful, community-based, and keeps up with technology trends
- Effectively manage stakeholders, projects, resources, outside vendors, and consultants.
- Create a measurement strategy to determine business impact and effectiveness of learning solutions.
- Keep abreast of latest learning, development and leadership concepts to integrate into existing and new programs.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 10 years of experience in group facilitation
- 5 – 7 years of experience in instructional design of learning solutions, training, and skill development programs
- Proven success in developing and implementing a project/portfolio management strategy
- Experience measuring and reporting on business impact of learning systems
- Experience designing and delivering learning solutions in multiple countries and across diverse cultures
- Operations experience a plus
- BA/BS in Learning Design or related field
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with learning management systems, Saba a plus
- Ability to travel internationally (10%)
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally in a heavily matrixed environment; including influencing and relationship-building with clients, partners, and people from various backgrounds and cultures
- Team player with effective communications skills, high tolerance for ambiguity, and the ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Human Resources
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Human Resources
Req ID: CHI008322
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.