Hyatt Executive Chef (Park Hyatt Chicago/NoMI Kitchen) in CHICAGO, Illinois
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the hotel Executive Committee, the Executive Chef is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for kitchen operations including menu planning, provisioning, food preparation, and sanitation. This position directs the training of culinary staff and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient and profitable food service. The position demands creativity on a daily basis, excellent communication skills, and the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards. The Executive Chef works well under pressure, is organized, flexible, self-motivated and is willing to work long hours.
* Experience training food prep colleagues * Ability to instill safety and sanitation habits in all colleagues * Teach colleagues the importance of consistency in preparation and presentation * Thorough knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques * Ensure that level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently * Coach and counsel colleagues to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're More Than Welcome.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- 6 years or more of progressive Culinary experience, preferably in restaurants local to Chicago
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- At least 4 years experience in a senior role in a culinary environment
- Proven leadership skills
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume property, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and associate relations, and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Maintain communications with Corporate Staff
- Coach and counsel colleagues to reflect Hyatt Service Standards and Procedures
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Park Hyatt Chicago
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008546
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.