Hyatt Global Sr. Brand Manager, Lifestyle & Luxury in CHICAGO, Illinois
Are you a brand-builder, who’s passionate about culture? Do you wake up trying to come up with the next new trend or viral moment, just for fun? Do you live and breathe luxury—the kind that’s not defined (nor constrained) by price point but fueled by truly genuine and personalized experiences, grounded in care?
Hyatt’s global lifestyle and luxury brand team is in search of a passion-led, creatively inspired storyteller, who will serve as a global steward of its lifestyle & luxury brands: Park Hyatt, Alila, Andaz, Thompson, Hyatt Centric, and Caption by Hyatt.
Reporting to the Global Brand Leader, Lifestyle & Luxury, the senior brand manager is deeply immersed in lifestyle and cultural trends and experiences, inspired by cross-functional collaboration, and more simply, likes to get stuff done and do great work.
You’ll join a hardworking team that’s agile and creative, asks “why not?” more than “why?”, and leads with empathy, authenticity, and inclusion.
This role will serve as an advocate and champion for the lifestyle and luxury brands and will proactively identify opportunities to market these brands resourcefully in new and growing markets. The senior brand manager will support and influence the strategic direction of the brands, working right alongside the Global Brand Leader, to develop brand partnerships and go-to-market strategies to help our new and existing brands continue to flourish.
With a heavy focus on amplifying and maintaining global brand relevance and differentiation, the senior brand manager will help guide and collaborate with brilliant teams around the world—from Design and Operations to Communications and Consumer Insights—to develop and market our brands in a way that is relevant to today’s culturally connected guests and offers unique, meaningful experiences in this highly competitive and growing segment.
More specifically (not exhaustively), the senior manager will
• develop and manage global brand plans and marketing initiatives—from partnerships to media campaigns—for the lifestyle and luxury brands
• drive strategy and innovation of the brands through thought-leadership and close collaboration with cross-functional regional partners, including:
advising and supporting regional brand and marketing teams on opening strategies and regional initiatives that ladder up to overarching brand plans
partnering with digital and social teams to ensure that the look, feel, and voice of our brands show up authentically, impactfully, and consistently—no matter the content, no matter the medium
collaborating with communications leads to inform and guide strategy and approach to brand storytelling and building consumer awareness
• directly manage brand experience innovation workstreams, with the goal of creating, standardizing, and socializing impactful signature, in-hotel experiences aligned with each brand
• manage strategic and experience agencies alongside head of brand design to develop and refresh brand identity and visual assets
• create brand assets, resources, and tools that help educate and arm cross-functional and property teams with the ability to communicate the foundation, spirit, and essence of each of the lifestyle and luxury brands (e.g., oversee brand photo video shoots alongside brand design/agency lead, develop SOPs for key signature experiences, etc.)
• develop and facilitate brand immersions and trainings with both internal and external stakeholders as well as property teams
This dynamic role is strategic and creative and will play a key role in influencing both the business of our brands and the culture that surrounds them.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
• an experienced brand-builder with a clear connection to background in lifestyle and/or luxury
• an independent thinker with a clear point of view, who actively listens before thoughtfully engaging
• globally minded and endlessly curious
• a highly effective communicator who can slay a presentation (i.e., you know your way around PPT)
• has an eye for creativity and, while not a Photoshop expert, can open up a .psd or .id file and make some easy tweaks
• comfortable in the discomfort of not knowing all things and unafraid to ask questions
• obnoxiously passionate about themes, people, content, design, fashion, music, etc that inspire and shift culture
• actively engaged in creating and influencing spaces that allow room for openness, diversity, and mindset/culture shifts that inspire and foster inclusivity
Steward of the brand that articulates and supports our brand promise, vision, position and architecture to achieve overall business goals.
Follows a guest-centric approach to build unique, meaningful brand experiences through all consumer touchpoints. Works collaboratively with owners, operators, cross-functional leaders and hotel teams to identify and develop new initiatives/offerings.
Engages, inspires and galvanizes the organization around the brand vision, position and strategies, to provide clarity in bringing them to life in each functional area.
Collaborates with in-house creative team and external agencies to build brand guidelines and brand standards that support the brand identity and brand promise, and effectively apply standards to all materials.
Leads marketing strategy and works collaboratively with internal and external teams to ensure consistency in communications hierarchy and within brand guidelines.
Collaborates with cross-functional teams, including comms, ops, digital, and field teams to develop and execute strategic approach to hotel openings.
Analyzes global consumer trends and information to help identify product categories/ offerings that are future sources of growth.
Together with Consumer Research & Analytics, studies global guest, competitive set, and hotel performance as part of a situation and customer segmentation assessment.
Reviews and recommends guest specific in-hotel communications and provides feedback on consistency with the marketing and brand plans.
Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• 7 years of experience, or 3 years of experience post-MBA, in consumer brand management within the hospitality, retail, fashion, design industries.
• International experience a plus
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Graduate degree a plus.
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Proven track record of brand building and strategic marketing through the entire product lifecycle, with particular focus on garnering user-centered insights for innovation.
• Strong understanding of digital and social media channels and strategies, with experience in digital campaign planning and social media activation
• Experience working with global teams
• Ability and willingness to operate in a fast-paced, complex corporate environment.
• Ability to travel as required on a national and international basis (approximately 5-10%).
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI010941
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.