Hyatt HR Specialist in CHICAGO, Illinois
The HR Specialist has the responsibility of partnering with colleagues in the business, typically up through the Manager level to provide consultation, guidance, and solutions on various HR policies, programs, benefits and initiatives in a way that supports and adds value to their business strategies. This person must be a self-starter with an ability to readily develop rapport and build relationships while quickly building credibility. Having a solid interest in helping resolve conflict and eagerness to help others, this person will also have a balance in doing so while moving quickly to produce results and comprehensive follow through. The selected candidate will have the ability to easily manage multiple and competing priorities while keeping the needs of the customer top of mind.
- Provide Recruiting support to include scheduling onsite and/or telephone interviews, coordinating candidate travel, processing of candidate expense reimbursement.
- New-hire onboarding including but not limited to coordination of pre-employment screening process (i.e background check, employment verification, education verification), scheduling for New Hire - Orientation, preparation and forwarding of new hire paperwork to Moore Service Center.
- Support Corp Recruitment team as needed with activities associated with the Corporate Internship Program.
- Coordination of Immigration process under the guidance of Corporate HR Manager.
- Conduct Total Rewards meetings with New hires following 60 days of employment for benefit plan selection.
- Maintain, update, process, file and distribute a wide variety of reports, forms, logs, manuals and records as required in accordance with company and governmental regulatory (including immigration and EEO) requirements.
- Manage Leaves of Absence
- Provide HR support to Senior level HRBPs
- Process Corporate HR Invoices and Expense Reports
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a non-clerical HR role (i.e. specialist level) including at least 2 years within a corporate environment
- Leave of Absence and Immigration Processing knowledge preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year institution preferred
PHR or SHPR-CP a plus
- Working Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) skills, required
- Superior presentation and written communication skills
- High degree of self structure in proactively setting goals and prioritizing critical tasks
- Proven ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential scenarios with a high degree of professionalism, maturity and discretion
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Human Resources
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Human Resources
Req ID: CHI008283
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.