Hyatt Interaction Designer in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt is seeking an Interaction Designer to envision, create and refine UI and UX concepts in the creation of best in class solutions for mobile, web, and other interactive experiences. This includes the design and production of screens, prototypes, interface elements, as well as closely collaborating with the Interaction Design Manager, Visual Designers, Product Development Managers and Developers. Success in the role requires strong design, user research, prototyping, communication, and people skills with a demonstrated ability to deliver intuitive and engaging web-based and mobile user experiences.
The ideal candidate is a detailed thinker who shows a clear understanding of design problems from business, user and technical perspective. The candidate is hands on from the initial wireframes, to developing prototypes and working closely with UX Visual Designers to provide visual comps. The role will require a strong technical background to work closely with Developers and Product Managers to design cross platform responsive web applications for desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new and existing web, mobile, tablet, and additional platform applications.
- Interpret requirements documentation to derive exceptional user interfaces, balancing an innovative guest experience with core business objectives and technical platform considerations.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, process flows, wireframes, sitemaps, user scenarios, and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors across various platforms.
- Develop Personas and user scenarios.
- Identify and document UI standards, best practices, and processes.
- Participate as needed in user acceptance testing, providing clear descriptions of issues and opportunities.
- Work closely with developers to ensure quality of design execution. Collaborate on alternatives when scope or technical implementation challenges arise.
- Balance business and product requirements by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings in all design activities.
- Participate in user research and interviews with target audiences; identify user needs/preferences and collect feedback
- Work with web analytics team to determine post launch success metrics and use the data to suggest improvements.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 5 years of work experience in Interface Design, Interaction Design, or Information Architecture, designing UX solutions for complex, functional web and/or mobile applications.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interactive Design, or other design-related field.
- Expert proficiency in in wireframing and prototyping tools (i.e. Axure, Omnigraffle etc.)
- Empathy for user needs and Strong passion for creating world-class guest experiences.
- Working knowledge of website design methodology and web development technology trends.
- Experience designing user centered solutions for responsive/adaptable designs is desired.
- Experience with usability testing, site analytics and contextual inquiry a plus.
- The ability to provide detailed specifications for HTML and CSS prototypes for our Developers and Engineers to work from
- Strong leadership and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus.
- Expertise with designing for localization and accessibility is a plus.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008410
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.