Hyatt Manager, Design & Planning in CHICAGO, Illinois
Overview: Reporting to the Director of Design and Planning, the Design Manager will be responsible for the execution of design and technical services as part of the Americas Design Services department. This team oversees the design of all new construction and renovation projects throughout the Americas, across the portfolio of Hyatt’s full-service hotel brands.
The Design Manager will facilitate and support the implementation of Hyatt standards and brand objectives through a focus on superior design strategies and solutions, with a client-first, mission-first philosophy.
- Provide direct leadership as well as support to Design Directors in project and design management throughout the Americas on multiple, concurrent full service hotel projects, both new construction and renovation
- Provide design direction, ensure adherence to brand standards, and oversee external architecture, design and engineering consultant teams
- Interface with owners, development companies, architects, planning consultants, contractors, and public agencies in a collaborative, team-focused manner that adds value to projects and relationships
- Hyatt Development team support, pre-design project planning, area programs, property improvement plans (PIPs)
- Execute and operationalize brand concepts
- Implement relevant regional and local brand design interpretations
- Coordinate project input from Corporate and Field Operations
- Global Product & Brand Development Team support and collaboration
- CapEx planning and project data tracking and reporting
- Focus on learning and development – hospitality industry knowledge, best and current practices
- Architectural Design Degree – Bachelor or Master or Architecture, or foreign equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ post-graduate experience in the Architectural Design industry, with strong familiarity with all phases and aspects of the project design process
- Hospitality project experience is preferred.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Ability to leverage past experience within the architectural industry to knowledgably and credibly collaborate with owners, developers, project managers and design consultants on a wide range of topics relevant to hotel design and construction
- AutoCAD, Microsoft Office skills required
- Must be available for frequent travel both domestically and abroad.
- English fluency is required.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Architecture/Design/Technical Services
Req ID: CHI008361
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.