Hyatt Manager - Financial Reporting in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Manager of Financial Reporting will play a key role in both external and internal management reporting. This individual will work closely with Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, Tax, Regional Finance teams, and the Corporate Accounting team in order to consolidate and report the Company’s results. This individual will be responsible for the preparation and review of the disclosures included in its 10-Q and 10-K as well as assist with internal management reporting, reporting to government agencies, and standalone entity audits. A successful candidate for this role will be strong in both technical accounting and analytical skills, and have strong communication skills.
• Review of consolidated balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows and footnotes in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
• Involvement in the internal reporting process on a monthly basis, including preparation and review of the monthly reporting package and analysis, as well as working with the business unit finance teams to streamline process and improve content
• Review and prepare as necessary consolidation and intercompany elimination entries
• Review support to be provided to external auditors for the Hyatt Hotels Corporation audit
• Review and prepare, when necessary, stand alone entity external audited financial statements and footnotes and review debt covenant calculations on an as needed basis
• Assist with the optimization of consolidation and reporting procedures, including reducing the time to close and reporting results
• Ensure XBRL reporting requirements are met, including establishing best practices
• Participate in the preparation of materials for the Company's Audit Committee of the Board of Directors' meetings
• Supervise seniors on the team and provide direction and oversight
• Participate in assigned special projects as needed
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• What is the minimum level of experience required to do this job? Example: 2 years of supervisory experience.
• Minimum of 5 to 6 years of experience in accounting and/or public accounting. Ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of public accounting experience.
• Knowledge of hotel industry and previous SEC and financial experience a plus.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Hyperion knowledge a plus
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Oral and written communications – communicates effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing; responds appropriately to verbal and non-verbal cues; can succinctly get messages across that have desired effect.
• Expertise – demonstrates a high degree of professional accounting competence in correctly translating business process activity into journal entries; can efficiently and accurately gauge the accounting accuracy of entries prepared by others; timely and independently resolves ad hoc issues.
• Organizing – can proactively marshal resources, including people, to get tasks done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
• Customer focus – views every customer contact as an opportunity to add value and enhance relationships. Considers the impact on customers as a barometer to use in decision making.
• Personal integrity and trust – is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI010897
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.