Hyatt Operational Services - Rooms Specialist in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Operational Service – Rooms (OSR) team is the advocate for our hotels to ensure that technology does not hinder our colleagues from providing efficient service and meaningful experiences to our guests. In this role, the individual will be the representative for Hyatt Corporate Office to identify process improvement areas, internal and external training opportunities that will result in meaningful engagement with our hotels, vendors, and Corporate Office Teams. This colleague will be responsible for the oversight of business-related and projects deployment activities for systems – Hyatt Mobile application, Opera, HotSOS, Colleague Advantage, Zingle, Sertifi, Payment applications.
• Ensure hotels adopt best business practices related to the use of Property Management System, Guest Services
• Conduct training of Hyatt’s business practices in relation to Rooms systems, and brand standards
• Liaise with the Hyatt Colleagues on-site and off-site for successful installation of the Property Systems.
• Develop training materials to complement the installation of the Property System for PMS and Guest Services
• Support of colleagues during project development, beta testing, and immediately after new system installation.
• Prepare documentation for enhancements, version upgrades, rollouts and support
• Leading a hotel management team through a system and hotel transitions
• Ability to conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of software releases
• Ability to establish and foster relationships with vendors to achieve proper system resolutions
• Ability to travel, conduct training and configuration based on hotel and company standards
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all-encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• 2 years experience in two operational areas at a Hyatt hotel: Guest Reception, Housekeeping, Guest Services, Reservations, Recreation
• Department Head / Assistant Manager experience both upward and downward
• Experience in conducting classroom training and preparing training documentation
• Experience with Hyatt PMS, POS or Guest Service Systems
• Bachelors Degree
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Competency with Microsoft Applications, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
• Opera- PMS
• CA – Colleague Advantage
• Online Check-In
Additional Comments and Requirements
• This position has global travel required
• Colleagues are also encouraged to visit Hyatt properties regularly to maintain updated business practices along with on-the-job coaching. At minimum, 2 visits should be conducted.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Guest Service Operations
Req ID: CHI010899
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.