Hyatt Project Manager, Hotel Openings and Technology in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Project Manager for Hotel Openings and Transitions leads the technology projects required for IT Installations and other related projects for new hotel openings, hotel transitions, and hotel upgrades.
Responsibilities include analysis and review of IT-related hotel blueprints and budgets for both new construction and renovation hotel projects; on site evaluation and analysis of and adherence to Hyatt brand standards for all IT components for new hotels from initial site visit thru hotel opening. Will work with vendors to perform all system installations, assemble proper resources on property to successfully complete all opening activities.
• Act as primary IT point of contact for new hotel projects
• Engage in direct interaction and communication of project status and planning with hotel ownership, management, Hyatt Project Services and Hyatt Brand Support teams
• Responsible for all IT vendor planning, scheduling, installation coordination, and execution with specific adherence to project budget, timelines and due dates
• Communicate information technology project expectations and progress
• Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
• Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with other departments in the organization as well as third party vendors
• Provide information technology standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures issued by the Organization while ensuring disaster recovery and back-up procedures are incorporated within the deployment plan
• Adhere to financial objectives by ensuring that project IT Budgets are issued according to our guidelines and monitoring closely during execution
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing objectives as planned
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Minimum 5 years in hotel IT management
• Minimum 2 years experience managing mulitiple simultaneous projects
• Experience working directly with multiple levels of the organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Clear understanding of current technology used in hospitality
• Strong background managing and scheduling vendors
• Requires minimum Associates Degree
• B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or Business or equivalent preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Project Management Professional preferred
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Microsoft Office Required, with advanced skill managing spreadsheets preferred.
• PDF creation and manipulation in Adobe Acrobat.
• Microsoft Visio Experience Required.
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Candidate for this role must be willing to travel up to 75% of time.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI010908
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.