Hyatt Project Specialist - Solutions Delivery in CHICAGO, Illinois
This role will support the direction of the Manager of Solutions Delivery and will have global project responsibilities focusing on the following systems, Opera, Point of Sale, Online Checkin/Express Check-out, HotSOS, Hyatt iPad, Digital Forums, Zingle, and Event Concierge App. In this role, the individual will focus on implementation, documentation, support planning and deployment of projects for these systems to Hyatt hotels.
- Analyze project requests
- Utilize hotel operation experience to define project scope and objectives
- Create business requirements document
- Perform product testing
- Define efficient implementations process
- Develop & manage implementation project plans
- Collaborate with IT departments/vendors to implement projects
- Actively participate in project implementation
- Utilize problem-solving skills to assist hotels who have escalated questions/issues concerning the business process
- Prepare support documentation and deliver to appropriate parties
- Create thorough documentation to deliver to hotels upon implementation
- Deliver projects within agreed upon timeline
- Document and escalate findings/issues about the application certification process
- Work on several projects simultaneously and under tight schedules
- Managing: Handles the demands of projects, vendors, and deliverables by prioritizing and maintaining a flexible attitude.
- Service Quality: Anticipates client’s needs, takes appropriate action to meet those needs and continually searches for a way to improve both client service and satisfaction. Continually identifies, implements and improves effective processes and procedures to ensure overall client satisfaction
- Best Practice Mindset: Sets high standards of performance. Seeks, applies and demonstrates the best practice to achieve innovative and creative business solutions.
- Adaptability: Flexes to new pressures from competition, loss of talent and new priorities.
- Minimum of two years of Rooms Operations experience
- Strong process management experience
- Associates Degree
- Familiar with hotel technology configuration and architecture
- Experience with systems support at the hotel and corporate level
- Must have experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS BPOS platform (Outlook, SharePoint)
- Experience with Opera PMS and Reserve
- Ability to perform analysis, define new processes to improve services for our hotel colleagues as it relates to the Property Management System
- Experience in developing and executing a well-defined approach to problem-solving
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable and with intellectual ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-moving and customer focused environment
- Experience of supporting applications such as Hotel Revenue Management Systems, Central Reservation Systems, Hotel Property Management Systems, and Sales and Catering Systems
- Positions accountable to Manager, Global Support
- Positions accountable to Manager of Solution Delivery, Senior Manager of Solution Delivery, Director, Global Support SVP of Property Systems Portfolio – Global.
- Candidates must be able to work from the Central Office location: Chicago
- A hotel based location or divisional office based on feasibility.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Global Operations Center
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Information Systems
Req ID: CHI008222
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.