Hyatt Senior Accountant - Billing & Cost Recovery in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated professional accountant to join its Corporate Accounting – Billing & Cost Recovery Team. Responsibilities include general oversight of assigned processes within the Hyatt monthly and quarterly close process. This includes preparation and review of journal entries, monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations as well as financial statement analytics across Hyatt entities. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the enhancement of internal controls and participating in special projects that incorporate a wide range of accounting exposure. The Senior Accountant – Billing & Cost Recovery will also be expected to ensure the quality of work delivered by the Billing & Cost Recovery team’s staff accountants as well as make significant contributions to the staff accountants' training and development.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and analytics over significant account balances. In addition, a review of monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and analytics over significant account balances prepared by staff accountants.
- Accounting for management and franchise fee revenue and related receivables balance.
- Accounting for Hyatt’s corporate bill program including the related receivables balance.
- Preparation and/or review of monthly billing files.
- Preparation of monthly analytics over significant account balances.
- Contribute to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including documentation of process areas and testing of key controls.
- Fielding and resolving inquiries from management and external auditors.
- Assist with the optimization of accounting procedures and special projects, as required.
- Preparation of quarterly external reporting schedules.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting
- Supervisory responsibilities or other experience that requires ensuring the quality of work delivered by other individuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Master's degree in accounting, preferred
- CPA - Certified Public Accountant
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Financial ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008286
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.