Hyatt Senior Accountant – Real Estate Accounting in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated professional accountant to join its Corporate Accounting – Real Estate Team. Responsibilities include general oversight of assigned processes within the Hyatt monthly and quarterly close process. This includes preparation and review of journal entries, monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations, cost segs, as well as financial statement analytics across Hyatt entities. This individual will also be responsible for quarterly cash flow and footnotes related to real estate transactions. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the enhancement of internal controls and participating in special projects that incorporate a wide range of accounting exposure. The Senior Accountant – Real Estate will also be expected to ensure the quality of work delivered by the real estate team’s Staff Accountants as well as make significant contributions to the Staff Accountants’ training and development.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, cost segs and analytics over significant account balances as well as review of monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and analytics prepared by staff accountants.
- Global fixed asset maintenance, including fixed asset additions, transfers, retirements, and depreciation for owned/leased properties.
- Fielding and resolving inquiries from management, other departments within Hyatt, and external auditors.
- Contribute to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including documentation of process areas and testing of key controls.
- Consolidation of North American and International wholly-owned legal entities based on financial statements prepared by 3rd party accountants.
- Assist with the optimization of accounting procedures and special projects, as required.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual external reporting schedules, such as those related to cash flows and footnotes.
- Assistance with the preparation and audit review of certain real estate entities, in accordance with the statutory requirements of the respective entities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting
- Supervisory responsibilities or other experience that requires ensuring the quality of work delivered by other individuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Preferred: Master’s degree in accounting
- Preferred: CPA – Certified Public Accountant
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office
- Financial ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008414
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.