Hyatt Senior Accountant in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated professional senior accountant to join its Corporate Accounting -team. Responsibilities include general oversight of assigned processes within the Hyatt monthly and quarterly close process. This includes preparation and review of journal entries, monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations, as well as financial statement analytics across all Hyatt entities. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the enhancement of internal controls and participating in special projects that incorporate a wide range of accounting exposure.
- Oversight and development of two staff accountants
- Review of corporate rent and real estate tax payments and accounting
- Review analysis of departmental corporate SG&A and other cost accrual submissions
- Review monthly analysis of allocated cost pools.
- Involvement in Accounts Payable subledger related processes
- Contribute to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including documentation of process areas and testing of key controls.
- Analytically review financial information
- Fielding and resolving inquiries from management and external auditors.
- Preparation and review of monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and analyticals over significant account balances including cash, third party and intercompany debt, intercompany, prepaids, and accruals
- Prepare and assist with stand-alone audited financial statements on an annual basis.
- Assist with the optimization of accounting procedures and special projects, as required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Master’s degree in accounting
- CPA – certified public accountant (preferred)
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Financial ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008369
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.