Hyatt Senior Analyst - Risk Management in CHICAGO, Illinois
This role is responsible for risk-management-related finance, accounting, and insurance procurement functions. It calls for a desire to efficiently analyze information, improve involved processes, and ensure that the associated issues and results are actioned timely. The department seeks a candidate willing to demonstrate creativity and care for others across the organization.
Maintaining and processing well-organized and accurate records (e.g. certificates of insurance, insurance program participation, insurance cost and claim detail, state filings, surety bonds).
Assisting with hotel onboardings and tracking hotel openings, closings, and changes in ownership, management, etc.
Compiling materials to support requests for information and ensuring their completeness and accuracy.
Preparing reconciliations, analyses, reports, and meeting materials in a timely fashion.
Analyzing budget to actual financial performance.
Investigating and communicating identified variances and issues.
Balancing multiple projects and their related needs simultaneously and prioritizing tasks effectively.
Communicating with business partners, stakeholders, and colleagues in a professional manner.
Assisting with meeting planning, scheduling, and execution.
Suggesting process improvements with a focus on enhancing efficiency.
Assisting with implementing process improvements and new technologies, as needed.
Demonstrating a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• 3 years of experience related to organizational Risk Management or Internal Audit functions.
• 3 years of experience related to organizational Finance functions.
• 3 years of experience related to professional communications.
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Finance, Accounting, or Hospiality
• Master of Business Administration with concentration in Finance, Accounting, or Hospitality
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Associate in Risk Management (“ARM”) is a plus
• Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) is a plus
• Certified Management Accountant (“CMA”) is a plus
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Extraction and analysis of information from enterprise financial systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP)
• Extraction and analysis of information from enterprise risk management systems (e.g. Ventiv, Origami)
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Ability to develop risk-management-related finance and accounting models is required
• Ability and willingness to operate in a fast-paced, complex professional environment
• Ability to travel as needed (likely less than 5%)
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI010898
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.