Hyatt Sr. Analyst - HR Integrations in CHICAGO, Illinois
The HRIS Senior Analyst - Integration & Quality Assurance is the subject matter expert for all projects requiring data extraction/transmission from or to any HRIS system, as well as creation of system customizations. The incumbent will partner with all clients (i.e. HRIS teams, HR, Accounting, Payroll/Tax, Forefront Identity Manager/Global Active Directory, etc.) across the Global Hyatt companies to implement, maintain and enhance all interfaces and customizations involving HR systems and data, ensuring compliance with Hyatt global privacy and data standards.
- Collaborate with internal clients and external vendors to gather requirements for new interfaces, modifications to existing interfaces, as well as some customizations development. (Customizations to include integration programs, custom panels, custom tables etc.)
- Interpret functional client requirements and translate into technical specification documents.
- Evaluate complexity of requirements against current project priority list to recommend suitable delivery date.
- Maintain project task lists and open case logs, required documentation of specifications, as well as request forms and bid documents
- Ensure that interface field selection and output, and customizations, comply with known data standards, Quality Assurance (QA), data integrity, system of record and global data privacy standards.
- Manage project work flows including technical consultation with client groups.
- Develop test scripts and conduct testing on interfaces and customizations to ensure customer requirements are met and that there are no adverse effects on the system or data * Investigate escalated issues with interfaces or customizations, opening cases and managing change control projects when applicable
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to support other HRIS teams in all integration initiatives
- Perform QA activities as they relate to integration across all projects involving HR systems and data, recognizing and recommending areas of improvement in data usage and quality.
- Manage customer expectations through frequent communication and progress reports adhering to published Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and turnaround times.
- Maintain strong working relationship with all internal Hyatt clients and external vendors.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a highly integrated system environment with exposure to quality assurance activities preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting in a reporting or interface setting preferred
- Experience developing test scripts and conducting testing in a reporting, interface or upgrade setting preferred
- 2 years of report writing/interface development experience OR 1 year report writing/interface development plus 1 year of HRIS/HRMS or database system administration experience required (including experience with multiple tables, inner and outer joins, etc.)
- 1 year of experience gathering business requirements preferred
- 1 year third party vendor management experience required
- 1 year of testing experience preferred
- PeopleSoft Query and ADP-Reporting experience preferred
- SQL reporting skills
- Human Resources data or employee data reporting experience a plus
- Experience or exposure to global employee or HR data preferred
- Human Resources or payroll functional knowledge a plus
- High school graduation or GED required
- College education a plus
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel required (VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Access and PowerPoint required
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to make tough decisions/recommendations based on experience, best practices, and Hyatt strategy
- Ability to understand/interpret functional requirements and translate to technical specifications
- Ability to recognize integration points and consequences of suboptimal decisions
- Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skills required
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy required
- High level of customer focus and support required
- Ability to self-direct work, effectively multi-task and meet deadlines required
- Ability to maintain confidential employee information required
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008370
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.