Hyatt VP Global Brands in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt’s marketing strategy is designed to maintain and build brand value and awareness while meeting the specific business needs of hotel operations. Building and differentiating each of the brands is critical to increasing Hyatt's brand preference. The organization is focused on targeting the distinct guest segments that each of its brands serves and supporting the needs of the hotels by thorough analysis and application of data and analytics.
The VP, Global Brands will lead the creation, presentation and realization of a strategy for each brand that will clearly differentiate the Hyatt brands from the competition. This will include positioning the brands based on desired customer experience and creating marketing communications plans that clearly communicate and reflect the experience and true voice of the customer (guests and owners). This executive will work in harmony with Operations to ensure that the company delivers on what’s been promised, in addition to having a measurable impact on hotel profitability. The VP, Global Brands will be the cultural leader of each brand, ensuring that the culture is vibrant and alive, driving pride in performance, motivating colleagues to align with brand mission and values and creating cohesion among all supporting functions to the brands.
Ultimately, the VP, Global Brands will be expected to envision, build and lead an integrated customer experience for each brand that will drive growth through attracting more customers, increasing frequency of stay and building improved loyalty, which will be evidenced by increasing RevPAR, occupancy rates, market share, and brand health and net promoter scores. This will involve leveraging deep insights around current and prospective guests by understanding the unmet needs of the unique segments and competitive environment while leveraging each brand’s unique value proposition.
The ideal candidate for this role must be a thoughtful, creative innovator, pursuing and nurturing new growth platforms for the expansion of brand experience as well as quickly identifying emerging customer segments. The VP, Global Brands will be the brand evangelist in the organization and a highly collaborative partner throughout the organization, ensuring that he/she has a seat at the table with all functional areas that impact the brands.
The VP, Global Brands will be a change agent across brand marketing and experience touch points and will evolve a best-in-class, integrated marketing capability for the brands through a strategic, progressive and customer-centric lens.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
• Envision and activate a multi-dimensional, 360-degree marketing strategy that leverages a broad array of marketing tools while utilizing increasingly powerful segmentation capabilities.
• Design and create differentiated service offerings within the framework of the Hyatt brand hierarchy. Leverage the brand and the knowledge of the customer to drive towards new revenue generating service offerings.
• Have a deep understanding of brand, customer and value, and develop targeted marketing initiatives to address various customer profiles while achieving key metrics.
• Create and leverage personalized and strategic guest communications to drive emotional brand connections, engagement, conversion and increased occupancy rates.
• Collaborate with the Operations team in facilitating the moving parts within each brand operation to ensure that guest experiences achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and repeat business.
• Work closely with Global Analytics, Customer Insights and CRM on segmentation and analytics to identify and understand trends and to develop attraction and retention solutions within, and across the brands (with appropriate reporting standards).
• Effectively deploy social media and other digital marketing strategies.
• Assess ROI and measure effectiveness of current strategies, implementing new ideas to increase value if necessary.
• Manage a marketing budget; and lead the planning, forecasting and measurement of marketing initiatives.
• Manage the brands’ agency relationships and evaluate creative output and strategy.
• Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional and inter-company peers.
• Attract, retain and develop talent.
• Reports to: Senior Vice President, Global Brands
• Direct Reports: Each brand is comprised of a lean team to be built-out as needed.
• Other Key Relationships: Brand Peers; Global Analytics, Insights and CRM; Operations, and outside Agencies worldwide.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• 12-plus years of brand leadership experience with best-in-class organizations in the service and/or consumer products arena, including strategic planning, implementation, advertising, public relations, and media (including media buys).
• Significant experience influencing colleagues and directly managing teams, with the proven ability to build, lead and influence teams that produce results.
• Significant business management experience including full responsibility and accountability for managing a substantial budget or brand P&L.
• A track record of effective partnership with an Operations team in facilitating the moving parts within each brand operation to ensure guest experiences that achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and repeat business.
• Proven ability to measure results and track accountabilities to ensure desired outcomes and ROI.
• Must also be knowledgeable, savvy and strategic as to the effective deployment of digital marketing strategies and social media.
• A proven track record of successful performance in brand marketing is obviously essential, as is the demonstrated adaptability to stay current and be forward-looking.
• Global perspective as related to international experience and cultural awareness.
• Experience in sales and direct marketing and promotions is a plus, as is experience interfacing with an advertising agency.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, English or other applicable degree and/or equivalent experience; MBA is preferred.
Key Competencies Desired for Success:
• Passion for Hyatt’s Heritage and Affinity for Emotional Connectivity: Must personally identify with Hyatt’s value proposition, possess a high EQ and have a passion for Hyatt’s customer. The roadmap for the future requires that this executive be mindful of how customers connect in both an analog and a digital world while bringing forward a passion for the Hyatt’s mission, heritage and future vision.
• Operational Excellence with Focus on Customer Centricity: Proven ability to effectively communicate and foster a clear vision for innovation and operational excellence (delivering the brand promise), relentlessly pursue it, and cultivate a culture where everyone wants to hit it out of the park. This executive must have the skill and vision to help drive a seamless, customer-centric transformation for each brand. To get there, this person must know how to build capability that significantly improves customer experience and engagement with the brands with a solution-oriented mindset for the Hyatt customer.
• Ability to Think Strategically/Analytically and Act Tactically: Ability to articulate a high level, strategic “helicopter” perspective balanced with the desire and ability to get deep into the details. Exceptional strategic and metrics-driven analytical skills at both the micro and macro levels. Adept at helping to create and execute a vision of the future.
• Strong Communicator and Influencer: Must have superior communication, public speaking and presentation skills and leverage them effectively, both internally and externally, in meetings with Hyatt colleagues, hotel owners, franchisees, hotel management, key vendors, etc. worldwide. This executive must have high credibility, integrity, adaptability with the ability to quickly establish rapport and build productive relationships in any given situation.
• Leader/Coach: Must be passionate and comfortable in a coaching and capability-building role, and can create an environment where established ways of thinking can be proactively, but constructively, challenged and evolved.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008353
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.