Hyatt Banquet Manager in DALLAS, Texas
Thompson Dallas Hotel, part of a 52 story building boasting a midcentury-modern hexagon design, rising prominently above the Dallas skyline. Designed to encompass an entire city block, Thompson Dallas will offer 219 guestrooms including 52 suites, 2 defining dining options and 20,000 sq feet of stunning event space. Other amenities will include a resort style pool, custom curated fitness facility, spa, and dog park. Thompson Dallas will bring guests and community together through an inspired tribute to history, design and culture.
The goal of the Banquet Manager is to help support whatever F&B Outlets need support.
The areas of support are Banquets / Events, Breakfast/Lunch Restaurant Nine at the National, Catbird (PM Nightlife) Restaurant and In-Room Dining.
Responsibilities may include:
· Supervise, Empower, Lead, Coach and Motivate the Banquet team including captains, food servers, and lead house attendants towards achieving exceptional guest service results and complete associate engagement and work closely with F&B Director and Director of Sales Events.
· Support opening and closing functions of both restaurants
· Managing labor of temp and hotel staff time and attendance in Kronos.
· Comfortable working within the details of event set-up, of breakfast, break, lunch and wedding events.
· Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive, professional appearance
· Responsible for developing innovative and creative décor for Banquet function space
· Responsible for short and long term banquet functions in the front and back of the house
· Creates an environment establishing highest standards of quality service and ensures implementation through effective hiring, training development, promotion and continuous reinforcement.
· Administrative tasks may include the facilitation of payroll, reports, forecasts, point of sale procedures, inventory and budget for food and beverage functions
· Performing daily walk-throughs in banquet department and all function space and storerooms to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Thompson Dallas standards
Your colleagues will work along with the Restaurant Manager, Executive Steward, Beverage Manager, Executive Chef and or Banquet Chef to ensure a successful Food & Beverage Team. Experience in the previous mentioned areas will guide you to the next step in your career path as a growing Banquet Manager.
Thompson colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards...whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Full Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, including the ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule
· Must have experience working hotel events / Banquets for a year in a full-service hotel and preferably a boutique or luxury hotel.
· Able to adapt on the fly between different F&B outlets
· Must be proficient in general computer knowledge and managing timecards
· Organized, effective at time management
· Hotel experience and a thorough understanding of all levels of banquet service
· Previous experience as a Banquet Director preferred
· Upscale Boutique or Luxury Banquet Experience highly preferred
· Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service
Primary Location: US-TX-Dallas
Organization: Thompson Dallas
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: DAL003204
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.