Hyatt Bell Attendant (Kaanapali Alii, Casual) in HAWAII, United States
The Bell Attendant is a key member of theKa'anapali Ali'iteam who provides the first and last impression for our guests. The primary responsibility is to warmly greet and escort guests and owners to their rooms and to introduce the property and services available to guests.
The day-to-day tasks include delivering luggage and other items to guest rooms, parking guest and owner cars, highlighting guest room and resort amenities, and providing exceptional service throughout their stay.
The ideal candidate is a high school graduate with strong verbal communication skills, a natural aptitude for guest service, a positive and upbeat attitude, and the ability to interact effectively and courteously with Owners, Guests, Vendors and other Employees. Candidates with previous hotel or resort condominium experience as a bell attendant, valet, or service provider will be given preference.
The ideal candidate is also someone with the following skills and abilities.
- Speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Available and willing to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand for eight (8) hours and exert well-paced mobility.
- Able to tour the property and climb eleven (11) flights of stairs as needed.
- Ability to lift eighty (80) pounds on a regular basis.
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather including extreme temperatures and high humidity.
- CPR/First Aid certified or able to attain certification training within ninety (90) days of employment.
- Team player able to work under minimal supervision.
- Neat and professional appearance, a genuine Spirit of Aloha. and a desire to work with the public.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to drive/park guest vehicles.
- Access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated per requirements of all laws.
/Note: First consideration will be given to qualified candidates who currently reside on the island of Maui./
Primary Location: US-HI-Lahaina
Organization: Kaanapali Alii
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: On-call/Casual
Job: Guest Services
Req ID: LAH002228
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.