Hyatt Head of Revenue and Distribution, Asia Pacific in HONG KONG, China
Hyatt is a global leading hospitality company with over 800 managed, franchised, owned and developed properties worldwide. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality in pursuit of our goal of becoming the most preferred brand in each segment that we serve for our associates, guests, and owners.
The Head of Revenue and Distribution will lead the region in understanding and executive of Hyatt’s global revenue and distribution strategy, which is to drive and optimize revenue, to protect the brand and enable guest experiences, in all distribution channels. Through communication and acts as the gatekeeper to all stakeholders regionally, the Head of Revenue and Distribution will be the eyes, ears, and voice in between regional and global to ensure proper localization are considered to ensure channel performance are optimized locally while new customer acquisition are obtained.
Also to define a clear roadmap and strategy for pre-opening and takeover revenue team to work closely with S&M Operations, Hyatt Sales Force and Field Marketing teams. Monitor the executive of the revenue and pricing strategies throughout the ramp-up period.
• Drive rate parity through collaboration and education with regional and property level revenue and sales team
• Ensure the distribution channel partners are operating within the standards of the partnership, and improving terms and conditions that are beneficial to all hotels
• Work with GCC and data service to fine-tune reservation related efficiency and accuracy
• Support digital campaigns to promote direct channels, by enforcing rate parity and selling tactic recommendations
• Work with other regional distribution and revenue team from around the globe to provide support and ensure required actions are scaled and planned out accordinlgy
• Relate, explain and understand how distribution and revenue function support digital and commercial strategies
• Hotel property visits to support struggling hotels in execution of distribution, wholesale, revenue, market share, and rate party strategies
• Liaise technical connectivity challenges and opportunities with data service and connectivity team
• Custodian of Hyatt Revenue Management Policy and Procedures, definition of data and market segmentation. Owner of sorting out definition disagreements, and liaison with Corporate/Regional team if anything definition needs further clarificiation
• Responsibility and support for direct hotels to ensuring they meet property and regional KPIs. Close relationship with hotel RMs and properties are expected
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values (included in all job descriptions).
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary (included in all job descriptions).
• 3 years of regional supervisory experience
• 5 years of regional contract negotiation experience
• 5 years of project management experience
• 7 years of distribution and revenue management experience
• 7 years of property sales, distribution or revenue management experience
• University / Colleague graduate with proficiency in English and Chinese (Mandarin)
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Understanding of revenue management systems, Cognos, and Tableau
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Willingness and requirement to travel
• Ability to work with inter-departments
• Mandarin speaking preferred
• Travel industry distribution and connectivity technical accutement will be advantageous
• Communicate effectively throughout and topdown the organization structure
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
We care for people so they can be their best. Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation is a global hospitality company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Hyatt employs 100,000 associates worldwide and has revenues of US 4.7B annually. Hyatt has been recognized as one of the top 100 companies to work for from 2013 to 2017.
Primary Location: CN-91-Hong Kong
Organization: ASPAC Regional Office - Gateway
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: HON004271
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.