Hyatt Retail Merchandiser in ISLE OF PALMS, South Carolina
summary: The Retail Merchandiser is responsible for providing a warm and inviting guest experience in the retail outlet. They will provide exceptional customer service, as well as strive to achieve sales goals. The Retail Merchandiser is responsible for carrying out all retail directives accurately and effectively that are given by supervisor or Retail Manager. The Retail Merchandiser will maintain the AAA Four Diamond standards.
The Retail Merchandiser shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job functions:
Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product; observing inventory levels; prompting management to reorder when levels appear low
Enhances merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Analyzing past sales figures/trends to anticipate future product needs
Devising a merchandise plan
Allocating stock to each outlet, through each season
Monitor stock movement, consider markdowns, promotions or clear outs
Greets and welcomes guests at every turn on or off the floor; eye contact, engage in conversation, and be outgoing
Uses suggestive selling techniques to increase revenue
Recommends, selects and helps locate or obtain merchandise based on guests’ needs and desires
Effectively describes and explains the use, operation and/or care of merchandise to guests
Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
Provides general resort information for guests
Opens and closes cash register, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, vouchers, balancing cash drawers and making deposits
Maintains a clean and organized environment: including vacuuming, dusting, “picking up” after guests re-stocking, organizing
Maintains strong knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
Maintains a strong knowledge of outlet inventory
Ensures retail and resort materials are current and up to date
Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
Communicates all pertinent information to the Retail team
Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment. Reports to work on time and as directed in schedule, properly records all time, including breaks
Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Wild Dunes Resort dress code standards.
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
experience & education:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Prior retail experience preferred
• Prior hospitality experience preferred
• At least one year customer service experience required
• You must be authorized to work in the United States
• Must have excellent phone etiquette
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• Must have basic math skills
• Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
• Must have excellent follow through
• Must be genuinely positive, outgoing, and generous
• Must be able to work well under pressure
• Must be a self starter, proactive, efficient, and motivated
• Must be able to take the initiative, foreseeing the needs of the department
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
• Must have strong computer skills
• Must always ensure a teamwork environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays
• Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and colleagues
• Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
Colleagues who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
• Must be able to stand on feet throughout the day, with intermittent periods of walking.
• Must be able to lift 1 to 10 pounds constantly, up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat frequently; kneel or crawl occasionally ; infrequently climb a ladder
• Must be able to perform repetitive hand & arm movements, simple grasping, reaching and fine manipulation constantly; pushing and pulling, squeezing and overhead reaching occasionally.
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Guest Services
Req ID: ISL000616
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.