Hyatt Japanese Chef in JAKARTA, Indonesia
- Ensure that all outlets and events are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements and adhere to Company and Hotel Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor service and food production standards in all outlets and events. Coordinate with the Outlet Managers, banquet / restaurant Service Manager and respective Chef de Cuisine to take corrective action when necessary.
- Establish and implement performance standards for the Commissary Kitchen and work closely with the Materials Manager to establish and maintain a streamlined and efficient operation of the Commissary Kitchen.
- Establish, implement and monitor performance for the Stewarding Operation in Kitchens and Restaurants to achieve the highest possible hygiene standards, minimize operating equipment breakage and streamlined and efficient resources and equipment flows.
- Conduct frequent and thorough inspections together with the Director of Food and Beverage Operation.
- Frequently verify that only fresh products are used in Food and Beverage preparation.
- To test Food and Beverage in all outlets and be demanding and critical when it comes to Food and Beverage quality.
- Work closely with the Stewarding Manager to ensure that hygiene standards are maintained and that operating equipment is cared for to maximize its useful life and to minimize breakage.
- Be trained and updated on Japanese styles of cuisines.
- Search with the Materials Manager the best Japanese products to offer in our outlets.
- Ensure that food is thoughtfully sourced and carefully served.
- To train local chefs in Japanese style and techniques of cooking, implementing standard recipes, pick up charts and all the necessary materials to reach consistency in the final product.
- Be easy to contact by guest and team members.
- Maintain positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Assist in proactively managing costs based on key performance indicators, working through the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
- Through hands on management style supervise closely own divisional employees in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies & procedures and applicable laws.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, motivating and development of own divisional employees to work following the operational, financial, administrative philosophies ensuring all employees become multi skilled and perform multi tasks.
- Monitor employee morale and provide mechanisms for performance feedback and development.
Effectively communicate guiding principles and core values to all levels of employees.
Primary Location: ID-JW-Jakarta
Organization: Park Hyatt Jakarta
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: JAK000108
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.