Hyatt Operations Manager in JERSEY CITY, New Jersey
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. This position reports to the hotel Director of Operations.
The Operations Manager is responsible for duties across the Rooms and Food & Beverage operations. Responsibilities include: staff training, inter- department communications, and staff scheduling. The Operations Manager will promote an atmosphere that insures customer and associate satisfaction. This position requires strong attention to detail, leadership skills, and the ability to effectively deal with department heads, guests, and team members.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the hotel’s operations
- Develop and recommend the budget, labor cost plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Solid understanding of Rooms and Food & Beverage operations
- Teach employees importance of, and how to greet guests and courteously solve guest requests
- See that inspection program is consistently maintained
- Assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
- Work closely with all other Departments
- Inspect some rooms daily
- Experience purchasing supplies
- Current on latest hotel operations technology
- Work closely with vendors to assure proper pricing, delivery, and maintenance
- Experience teaching, supervising, and mentoring multilingual and multicultural staff
- Ensure OSHA and ADA policies are adhered to
- Experience with special needs of VIP Guests, foreign dignitaries, etc. helpful - Insures proper staffing levels for customer service goals
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity.
This is the Hyatt Touch.
A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
Refined verbal and written communication skills
Minimum of one year previous front office supervisory experience preferred
Ability to work a flexible schedule
Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
4 years or more of progressive hotel Operations Management experience (typically with Hyatt).
With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
Primary Location: US-NY-New York City
Organization: Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Front Office
Req ID: NEW009758
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.