Hyatt Sous Chef - Malay & Western in KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia
The goal of the Sous Chef is to manage a specific department and work with the Executive Sous Chef to create, implement and maintain quality standards. In some instances the Sous Chef will be expected to be responsible for the entire operation in the absence of the Chef de Cuisine and /or Executive Sous Chef. The ideal Sous Chef will accomplish their tasks by monitoring the daily functions of the culinary department, including providing support and guidance to the culinary team, ending in a positive guest experience.
The Sous Chef is also responsible to assist in directing the culinary team's presentation and portioning of food according to our standards. Communicates daily with the Chef de Cuisine and/or Executive Sous Chef for an update regarding planning, staffing, and internal procedures. Completes daily food requisitions and daily specials.
• College degree or certification in culinary field/hospitality field preferred.
• Minimum 2 years kitchen management experience required
• Minimum 3 years cooking experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other Team Members.
• Read, write and speak and understand English.
• Ability to work extended hours when business necessitates.
Primary Location: MY-10-Kuala Lumpur
Organization: Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: KUA001313
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.