Hyatt Sous Chef in KUANTAN, Malaysia
The goal of the Sous Chef is to manage a specific department and work with the Executive Sous Chef to create, implement and maintain quality standards. In some instances the Sous Chef will be expected to be responsible for the entire operation in the absence of the Executive Sous Chef. The ideal Sous Chef will accomplish their tasks by monitoring the daily functions of the culinary department, including providing support and guidance to the culinary team, ending in a positive guest experience.Responsibilities include:
- Works closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilisation of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, market conditions, popularity of various dishes and frequency of menus.
- Reviews menus, analyses recipes, determines food, labour, overhead costs and assigns prices to menu items.
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
- Develops the skills and effectiveness of all Kitchen employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- Qualification in Kitchen Production and Management
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience in Kitchen management, menu planning and operational skills
- Good Computer Skills especially in MS Office, email and Recipe Maintenance System
- Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards
- Minimum two years work experience as Chef de Cuisine or 3-4 years as Sous Chef of a hotel or restaurant of good standards; preferably with experience in luxury international brands
- *Due to strict regulation of Malaysian Immigration and Manpower Department, this position is open for Malaysian Nationals only.
Primary Location: MY-06-Kuantan
Organization: Hyatt Regency Kuantan Resort
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: KUA000634
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.