Hyatt Director of Marketing & Communications- Full-Time in LAHAINA, Hawaii
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Marketing & Communications is to research, develop and implement the annual integrated marketing and communications plan to support the business objectives for the resort. The plan should include objectives(s), strategies and tactics for each of the resort’s market segments and outlets (restaurants and lu’au). The ultimate goal is to heighten market presence, increase positive awareness, strengthen brand loyalty, increase market share and most importantly, produce increased revenues and profitability. She/he will promote awareness and maintain a positive brand image of the property and outlets (restaurants and lu’au) on a local, regional and national level through consistent and targeted public relations and marketing and digital campaigns. She/he will help to support or lead regional Hawaii marketing initiatives. She/he will ensure that the resort’s brand position is present in coverage, messages are compelling and insights and reporting are accurate.
Essential Responsibilities and Position Functions include:
· Manage annual agency budgets and plans (public relations, advertising, reputation management and online) as well as the local resort marketing plan and budget
· Plan, research or coordinate with vendors and supervise the production of marketing materials, reports, and promotional and internal communications materials. Primary contact for vendors.
· Provide direction to the public relations agency on media placement goals in targeted media outlets
· Establish and/or cultivate relationships with the media at a local, regional, national and International level; maintain updated media databases
· Share direct media requests with the agency and ensure agency is monitoring editorial calendars in top travel, consumer and trade publication opportunities. Coordinate with the agency proactive and reactive onsite press visits
· Develop and regularly update resort press kit, photography and b-roll with agency
· Coordinate with agency to secure and execute press FAM trips and/or partner with local CVBs on existing FAM trips and individual journalist visits
· Develop, coordinate and publicize special events to generate positive awareness and support the marketing revenue objectives of the resort and outlets, as needed.
· Review and approve with Director of Sales & Marketingonall written press releases and PR Agency
· Strategically plan and secure advertising placements for property and outlets
· Graphic design for all advertising and collateral made in house
· Oversee all on-property marketing collateral & communication
· Manage and handle all requests for on-property filming. Includes development of location fee schedule, assessing value of requests for trade for filming and managing on-property coordination and billing
· Evaluate promotional and programming opportunities presented to resort. Develop promotions and partnerships to meet the resort’s marketing and revenue objectives
· Forge and maintain relationships with organizations including key local and industry-related organizations – CVB, Chamber of Commerce, local government, hospitality trade associations, etc.
· Support Director of People Services on Hyatt Thrive community involvement projects and publicizing efforts where appropriate. Manage in-kind donations; distribute certificates and reservation process
· Supervise social media and reputation management strategy, messaging and ideation for resort and outlet accounts
· Manage email, digital and content strategy and messaging in each of the channels and websites
· Meet bi-weekly withDirector of Sales and Marketingto stay current on changing business needs in order to develop and/or revise tactics to address concerns and opportunities
· Lead resort’s monthly marketing meetings. Develop agenda in advance as well as manage follow-up.
· Attend and support weekly strategy meetings
· Participate in brand training and annual regional Marketing Summit
· Maintain ongoing communications with Regional Field Marketing Director
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor’s degree required. In Marketing, Communications or Business is preferred.
Minimum 6-8 years Marketing/PR experience required.
Prior experience marketing hotel/resort of similar size and market segment preferred.
Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher.
Web research skills and familiarity with major social media resources required.
Basic design capabilities and HTML skills preferred.
Must be able to communicate professionally in English, both written and verbal.
Strong ability to write professionally and communicate in writing required.
Primary Location: US-HI-Lahaina
Organization: Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: LAH001946
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.