Hyatt HR Coordinator in LONDON, United Kingdom
Welcome to the Andaz, where our name translates from Hindi as "personal style". Our hotel is not conventional, this is reflected in our people and woven into the fabric of our culture of creating memorable experiences, part of the Hyatt Hotels portfolio.
Uncover an environment free of barriers, where ideas are exchanged and encouraged. We are a 5 Star Lifestyle Hotel located in the heart of vibrant East London. Featuring 267 newly refurbished rooms, 7 exciting bars & restaurants and 15 diverse event spaces. We embrace people challenging the norm and who aren’t afraid of standing out, that’s what makes us different – your personal style whether that be tattoos, piercings or pink hair.
For us our back of house should provide the same quality of service to our colleagues as we do for our guests’ front of house.
- You will be the first point of contact for Human Resources, providing HR services to a wide range of colleagues; from Housekeeping and Chefs to Sales, Engineering and Finance.
- You will be responsible for the smooth and efficient co-ordination and running of the HR office and act in a reception role to receive visitors and colleague queries, both in person and on the telephone.
- Administration will take up a large part of your day. You will co-ordinate the HR diaries, attend meetings, take minutes, prepare letters, contracts and all employee documentation.
- You will prepare colleague communication, via monthly newsletters, posters, electronic and social media, to name but a few.
- You will, also, be heavily involved in organising our colleagues’ social events to celebrate their successes through our Parties, dinners and meetings. Working hours are generally Monday to Friday, office hours, although you may need to work some evenings and weekends and particularly attend colleague social events.
- Ideally you will be a graduate with previous hotel and admin experience, looking for your first position in HR, although previous experience may be an advantage, with a strong focus on administration.
- This is a versatile role which requires you to prioritise and balance the demands of a busy work environment.
- Able to prioritise and self-manage your workload, you will be organised and structured and will maintain consistent performance under pressure with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Confidentiality is key, as is a positive and professional approach.
- You will be assertive, yet personable and approachable, with effective communication skills and loads of common sense.
- You will have a creative streak and be a real ‘people’ person with a great big smile and impeccable grooming! Ideally educated to degree level in any discipline, you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. A confident level of the English language is required, GCSE grade C or above or international equivalent, IELTS 7.5. A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially word and excel. Any experience of other HR and/or other hotel systems would also be an advantage.
Being part of Andaz also means, joining the Hyatt family which has over 679 hotels in over 54 different countries, also recognised as a UK Great Place to Work Company!
What is in it for you?
Continuous learning and development is paramount to us. As such, we pride ourselves on developing and supporting all our colleagues. You will have access to various learning opportunities both online and in our dedicated training room.· 12 free nights per year of service across Hyatt Hotels worldwide · Employee and Friends & Family rates across Hyatt Hotels worldwide · 1 Complimentary night stay for 2 in the Andaz (incl. dinner and breakfast) after 6 months of employment · Discounts of up to 50% in our 7 restaurants & bars · Uniform provided and laundered complimentary · Complimentary meals on duty · Refer a friend bonus £500 per colleague introduced · Bike 2 work scheme · Busy social calendar including annual summer & Christmas celebrations · Workplace pension scheme · Annual season ticket loan · Team member & performance rewards system redeemable in the form of complimentary stays, massages and many more,
Are you ready for a dynamic environment where you can truly shine?
_Please be sure to be eligible to work and live in the UK before applying._
Primary Location: GB-ENG-London
Organization: Andaz Liverpool Street
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Req ID: LON003517
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.