Hyatt Meeting and Events SALES DIRECTOR in MAINZ, Germany
At Hyatt 'We care for people so they can be their best'. We want to make a difference in the lives of those we 'touch' everyday - that is our definition of hospitality. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun. There are more than 95,000 Hyatt colleagues in 500-plus properties on six continents; we serve millions of guests annually; and we work with hundreds of hotel owners, managers, suppliers, and community partners. Through our vast network of relationships, we believe we have an opportunity to make a real difference. As a colleague of the Hyatt team, not only will you receive outstanding rewards and recognition you will also be a part of a larger family. Our team will support your well-being and you will be part of a collaborative work environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Meeting and Events SALES DIRECTOR to join our Hyatt Sales Force team. Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Expand business with existing key M&E accounts and develop new successful relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers, both nationally and internationally.
- Develop and execute the strategic approach for each key account. This will involve developing an in-depth understanding of the customers’ business drivers, competition, strategy and buying cycles.
- Define and execute sales strategies, accurately forecast quarterly and annual revenues.
- Take the lead in defining and executing innovative selling strategies that will create exceptional value for key accounts and Hyatt hotels, resulting in profitable growth.
- Continually works to improve sales techniques and sales knowledge.
- Deliver clear and concise professional presentations, leading the proposal process for key accounts, and negotiating favorable contract terms and conditions.
- Develop sales plans for new and existing key accounts that is consistent with short-range and long-range company objectives.
- Direct and manage all office activity related to Meeting and Event Sales.
- Responsible for all HSF Mainz based Meeting and Events Sales Colleagues hiring, training, development and achievement of individual goals.
- Manage any Sales Incentive Programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leadership – Proven ability to lead an account sales team.
- Experience - Group Sales market experience is essential. Varied market segmentation background is an asset.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Dependability - Is reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Territory Management - Ability to outline a plan to cover territory while meeting specified goals/objectives.
Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES Education:
Bachelor's Degree required
Minimum 10 years related experience.
Proficient in office suite of computer software, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you!
Primary Location: DE-RP-Mainz
Organization: Central Europe Shared Services Center - Mainz
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MAI000213
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.