Hyatt Grill Master (Casual) in MAUI, Hawaii
TheGrill Masteris a key member of theKaanapali Alii guest services team whose primary role is to provide a unique culinary experience for our guests who utilize the resort’s outdoor pavilion and grill areas. The responsibilities include inventories, set-up, preparation, breakdown and sanitation. The Grill Master is responsible for serving the needs of our owners and guests, and exceeding their vacation experience expectations with the warmth of the Aloha Spirit.
/The Grill Master shift begins at 5pm and typically ends around 8pm. /
The day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are in compliance.
- Multi-tasking with several guests and owners to work the open grill.
- Making activity recommendations to guests.
- Verbally explaining processes, preparation and cooking techniques to guests.
- Setting upthe pre-service area, tables and chairs. Organizing and seating groups of guests.
- Assistingguests and owners with dining options, suggesting marinades and offering samples.
- Gathering and disposing ofitems left after diners have vacated a table.
- Cleaning and rearranging tables and chairs in preparation for the next diners to use.
- Ensuring that the grill area is clean and in order at the end of each day.
- Completing end of shift duties which include stocking supplies, cleaning and properly arranging tables.
The ideal candidate is a high school graduate with grill master or chef experience and a minimum of one year experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related profession.
The ideal candidate is also someone with the following skills and abilities:
- General knowledge of food service and strong culinary background.
- State of Hawaii Department of Health Food Safety Certification.
- Working knowledge of grilling and cooking on a gas grill.
- Basic knowledge of safety procedures when operating barbeque grills.
- Excellent communication skills in English language.
- Ability to read and write legibly in the English language.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Access to a dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and operated per requirements of all laws.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to move tables and chairs, carry supplies, and restock barbeque supplies box.
- Able to do repetitive arm and upper body movements daily.
- Ability to meet the physical and mental health standards deemed necessary for performance of essential functions.
Primary Location: US-HI-Lahaina
Organization: Kaanapali Alii
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: On-call/Casual
Req ID: LAH002236
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.