Hyatt Director of Revenue in MELBOURNE, Australia
At Hyatt we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of/empathy/and human/connection./We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as/unique/individuals, to enable us to design and deliver/personal experiences/. With over 590 properties around the world, our brands include: Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, HYATT, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House Hyatt Ziva, and Hyatt Zilara and The Unbound Collection.
Grand Hyatt Melbourne is seeking an industry star to join our professional 5-star hotel Revenue Team.
This position reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for identifying key behavioural markets and trend analysis. Specifically, identifying marketing intelligence and total hotel yield management strategies, including assisting with daily inventory & forecasting methods for rooms and catering business. In addition the role is to provide strategic consultation on effective revenue management processes, using rate control management.
This is a critical position within our hotel, focusing on maximising total revenue potential across hotel.
Day to Day
- Bring a dynamic and creative approach to the revenue department
- To assist the General Manager and Revenue departments in maximising revenue and yield through analysis of business trends, highlighting areas of opportunity and ensuring delivery and maintenance of optimum revenue management and pricing strategies on an ongoing basis
To assist with inventory management and forecasting methods, for both FIT and group business, to ensure optimal strategies and controls are in place to minimise displacement and maximise revenue and total hotel revenues.
To monitor and provide feedback on the hotel’s effective use of Hyatt systems, tools and procedures in areas of inventory management, revenue management, and business intelligence to maximise Hyatt’s competitive advantage in the market.
We are searching for someone to join our team with:
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work within a team environment and communicates in a positive manner
- Great organization skills matched with excellent attention to detail
- A genuine and notable drive to think outside the box
- Strategic orientation, as well as good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities, administrative skills, and interpersonal skills
- Candidates need to be self-motivated, have demonstrated database marketing or market research skills, and be technically proficient in all Microsoft Office software, including advanced Excel and Powerpoint, as well as possess strong numerical and analytical skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Ideally with a university degree in Strategic Marketing or Hospitality/Tourism management - an MBA would be an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a hotel revenue or similar ideally within a 5-star environment
At Grand Hyatt Melbourne, we embody our brand promise of delivering Moments of More by offering challenging and rewarding careers that are more than just your typical job. Our values of Fun, Creativity, Respect, Empathy, Integrity, and Humility at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. Everything that we do for our guests is mirrored in what we do for our most important asset – YOU!
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Just some of our associate benefits include:
- Discounted meals in our associate restaurant
- Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide (Full Time and Part Time only)
- Discounted accommodation rates for associates as well as friends and family
- Food and Beverage discounts at Australian-based Hyatt properties
- Fully laundered uniforms
- Learning and Development opportunities (we encourage external learning opportunities to ensure our Human Resources and Learning team members have an opportunity to develop themselves)
- Discounted Gym membership at our City Club How to Apply?
Please click the Apply Now button. Don’t forget to include a tailored cover letter and let us know “why you’re passionate about joining our team”.
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MEL001149
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.