Hyatt Events Executive - Weddings in MELBOURNE, Australia
Award-winning luxury hotel, Park Hyatt Melbourne is seeking a dynamic individual with extensive event management experience to join the hardworking Event Sales & Planning team as Event Executive – Weddings on a full-time, fixed term basis.**
Reporting to the Director of Events, the Event Executive ensures the preparation and management of weddings and leisure events complies with Hyatt International’s brand standards, while consistently exceeding the expectations of our guests. As the principal point of contact for weddings and leisure events, the Event Executive conducts regular hotel tours and provides advice in ensuring the event is executed as smooth as possible through excellent coordination skills. Additional responsibilities include maximising guest satisfaction by providing the highest levels of personalised customer service and helping ensure the financial success of the department through the achievement of sales targets and upselling.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications inHospitality/Event Managementor a related business discipline would be advantageous.
- Previous sales experience within a five-star hotel or deluxe wedding reception venue with extensive knowledge of event service operations.
- Sound knowledge of wedding and leisure market segments.
- A creative aptitude to actively incorporate a sense of originality into individual events.
- A strong attention to detail and exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to create a positive first impression, excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build rapport with clients is a must.
- Well-developed computer skills particularly in the use of MS Office, Event Management Software (Delphi)and Rooms Management Systems (Opera) would be of an advantage
- The understanding of the importance of five star grooming standards.
Park Hyatt Melbourne employees enjoy:
- Competitive pay rates.
- Subsidised employee meals.
- Discounted and complimentary accommodation at Hyatt properties worldwide, after 12 months of service.
- Paid training opportunities.
- Laundered uniforms.
- Discounted security car parking.
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Park Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Req ID: MEL001114