Hyatt Assistant Director of Finance in MUMBAI, India
· Ensures that the Department’s activities are aligned with the Corporate Finance Strategy, and that the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
· Assists in the preparation and updates of Finance and Information Systems Departmental Operations Manuals.
· Ensures that the hotel is adhering to all Company/Hotel Finance Policies and Procedures.
· Ensures that government-stipulated employee and tax legislations are strictly followed and implemented.
· Conducts regular Departmental Communication Meetings.
· Supports the hotel’s focus on service excellence by training and assisting others to train people to provide exceptional service to the hotel’s external customers (guests).
· Assists with the preparation of the annual Finance Business Plan ensuring Divisional Objectives fully address business objectives of the hotel and needs of employees.**
· Assists with the preparation and regular update of the Finance Departmental Budget, in close cooperation with the Director of Finance ensuring targets are met and costs are effectively controlled.**
· Maximises employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.**
· Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system.**
· Ensures that each section of the Accounting and Finance Department is managed efficiently, maximising utilisation of technology.
· Monitors and liaises with insurance brokers with regards to claims.
· Reviews all Purchase Requests to ensure that the correct charts of account codes are used.
· Maintains and programs Master Keys for the hotel, to print key movement reports for investigation and to back-up historical keys' data on a regular basis.
· Handles valuable 'Lost and Found' items and liaises with Security for submission to the Police Station.
· Participates in the monthly Financial Review and Credit meetings.
Income Audit · Reviews all spot checks such as cash counts, conducted by the income auditors.
· Reviews and approves General Cashiers Report ensuring that all receipts are intact and remitted to the bank promptly.
· Checks and approves all Petty Cash claims/reimbursements.
· Approves travel agent commissions via World Travel Payment (WTP) program.
· Approves all IOUs and liase with the general cashier to ensure that they are cleared on time.
· Checks and monitors the Manual Check record book to ensure that the running sequence is accounted for.
· Ensures that all travel agents’ commissions’ payments are on time.
· Reviews and ensures that all reconciliation such as Central Provident Fund, Foreign Workers' Levy, Unclaimed Wages etc., are performed on time.
· Reviews and approves all IR21 (Tax Clearance) forms.
· Reviews and approves month-end payroll summary (Part time and Full time).
· Approves all rebates, write offs and transfers.
· Reviews the daily In-house Guest Credit over list to ensure that the Credit department has taken appropriate follow-up actions.
· Reviews and approves all Journal Vouchers.
· Reviews all Balance Sheet accounts ensuring schedules are prepared on time and accurately.
· Reviews the financial results after closing.
· Reviews and monitors the monthly cash flow so that an optimal cash position is achieved.
· Reviews all in- house functions and requisitions for reasonableness
· Reviews all inventory items in the General Store for discrepancies and slow moving items.
· Assists the Director of Finance in all monthly financial reporting and analysis.
· Assists the Director of Finance in compiling budgets and forecasts and assists Department Heads by providing historical data or support details.
· Assists with the preparation of special statistical reports which local management or the Area Office may require.
· Sets guidelines and deadline dates for each employee’s monthly work in order to ensure timely financial reporting.
· Assists in the recruitment and selection of all Finance employees. Ensures that hotel guidelines are adhered when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
· Oversees the punctuality and appearance of all Finance employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Maximises the effectiveness of Section Heads by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Assists to conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with Director of Finance and supports employees in their professional development goals.
* Masters Degree in Finance * Relative Experience
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MUM000557
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.