Hyatt Chef de Cuisine in MUMBAI, India
· Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented.
· Works closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
· Buys locally available fresh products wherever possible and has limited menus which are changed frequently to ensure the guest is always offered a variety of food items.
· Plans or participates in planning menus and utilisation of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, market conditions, popularity of various dishes and frequency of menu.
· Spends time in culinary areas observing employee-guest/employee-internal customer interaction, working through Heads of Department to coach employees as necessary.
· Reviews menus, analyses recipes, determines food, labour, overhead costs and assigns prices to menu items.
· Directs food apportionment policy to control costs.
· Introduces and tests the market with new products which are market-orientated in terms of price and product.
· Serves fresh food to the guests which is prepared a la minute, is consistent in quality, and which reflects the style of the outlet concept.
· Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
· Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
· Tests cooked foods before plate-up and service.
· Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions of foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
· Devises special dishes and develops innovative recipes.
· Establishes and enforces nutrition and sanitation standards for restaurant.
· Assists in making sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20 are implemented.
· Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
* Degree / Diploma in Hotel Management. * Related work experience.
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MUM000759
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.