Hyatt Director of Finance in MUMBAI, India
· Ensures that the Department’s activities are aligned with the Corporate Finance Strategy, and that the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
· Represents the Finance function on the hotel's Executive Committee.
· Prepares and updates the Finance and Information Systems Departmental Operations Manuals.
· Ensures that the hotel is adhering to all Company/Hotel Finance Policies and Procedures.
· Ensures that government-stipulated employee and tax legislations are strictly followed and implemented.
· Maintains all ledgers and journals and other accounting records of the hotel, sets down in the Hyatt Accounting and Systems Control Manual and related publications.
· Responsible for ensuring that all Corporate, Regional, hotel and governmental reports are compiled accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
· Conducts regular departmental communications meetings and ensure that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
· Supports the hotel’s focus on service excellence by training and assisting others to train people to provide exceptional service to the hotel’s external customers (guests).
· Ensures that all Finance employees provide the appropriate level of professional, courteous and caring service to other employees (internal customers) and other visitors to the division.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure problems are resolved satisfactorily
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Ensures that the Department's operational budget is strictly adhered to, that all costs are controlled and expenditures are properly approved.
· Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
· Compiles in conjunction with the General Manager and Department Heads all budget and forecasts relating to all activities of the hotel and the maintenance of all budget control procedures.
· Implements local accounting procedures ensuring compliance with the local government regulations, after approval from the area/corporate offices.
· Supervises, scrutinisesand approves monthly journal entries, balance sheet and income statement.
· Prepares and interprets the financial statements and reports for the hotel.
· Audits the accounts, records and transactions of the hotel, aided by the ongoing efforts to streamline internal control procedures.
· Reviews the monthly bank reconciliation statements.
· Scrutinises the monthly financial reports, to investigate unusual variations and to prepare comments to be attached to the report.
· Verifies the prepaid expenses, ensuring deferred charges are up-to-date and in agreement with the books.
· Administers and controls cash management which includes investing in time deposits in banks approved by area office and the Owning Company, as well as obtaining other banking facilities whenever necessary.
· Understands Hyatt International’s and the hotel’s tax obligations, using the assistance of locally appointed auditors or tax experts.
· Assists the General Manager and Heads of Department in the compilation forecasts covering all activities of the hotel.
· Assists the General Manager in the preparation of Capital Expenditure Authorisation Request.
· Maximises employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Directs employees to ensure productivity meets standards given in accordance with Hyatt Design Standards and Criteria and the Hyatt International Finance Operations Manual.**
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment**
· Chairs the Financial Review Meeting and Credit Meetings.**
· Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system.**
· Reviews and approves all invoices and Purchase Requests involving hotel equipment and supplies etc.**
· Ensures that each section of the Accounting and Finance Department is managed efficiently, maximising utilisation of technology.
· Ensures that the physical inventories of all supplies and operating equipment are being taken on a monthly and a biannual basis respectively.
· Implements all necessary control in order to safeguard the assets of the hotel and to maintain records for the fixed assets, operating equipment, supplies and inventories.
· Reviews the reports compiled by Cost Auditor and liaises with the Materials Manager to ensure proper procedures and control of inventories.
· Knows all terms and conditions of the management agreement and ensures that they are adhered to.
· Monitors requirements set out in the management agreement checklist.
· Keeps and safeguards all contracts, leases, insurance policies and all legal and financial documents.
· Obtains the requisite licenses for foreign exchange dealing, imports, liquor, tobacco, and entertainment and so forth from the appropriate regulatory authorities.
· Administers Hyatt and local insurance matters in conjunction with Hyatt International’s and locally appointed insurance agents.
· Liaises with Hyatt International’s and hotel appointed legal consultants for all legal matters.
· Administers the Information Systems section and ensures that the hotel computer system and its software are fully utilised, well safeguarded, properly maintained and all licenses are up-to-date.
· Administers credit and collection procedures that have been established by the General Manager with the concurrence of the area / corporate offices.
· Liaises with both internal and external auditors in compliance with the hotel requirements.
· Assists the General Manager in the compilation of all the department’s written policies and procedures into the hotel’s own in-house policy manuals.
· Signs bank checks jointly with the general Manager of those banks designated by the area office and the Owning Company.
· Signs all contracts (other than sales contracts with a duration of less than one year) jointly with the General Manager ensuring all terms are in compliance with local law, management agreement, HIC policies and sound commercial judgement.
· Approves all disbursements vouchers, expenses claims after ascertaining that all necessary documents are attached, processed and certified for receipt of merchandises or services in quality, quantity and prices.**
· Approves all purchases in view of availability of funds, necessity and the budget.
· Receives on a daily basis the receipts of bank deposits and verifies against General Cashier’s Summary of Receipts.
· Ascertains the daily receipts are deposited on the next succeeding day.
· Watches daily the adequacy of bank balances and report in writing as to any anticipated cash deficiency to the General Manager, with a copy to area office.
· Examines and approves daily manual and computer records.
· Ensures all travel agents’ commissions are paid promptly.
· Spot checks the prescribed foreign exchange transactions procedures are correctly adhered to.
· Examines daily costing reports.
· Examines and approves all payroll hiring, status changes and terminations.
· Ascertains that all taxes, contributions, licenses, interest and management fee are paid when due
· Arranges monthly section meetings for operation review.
· Ensures that all keys control and issuance procedures are correctly applied and adhered to.
· Recommends to the area office improvements in accounting and internal control.
· Reviews and ensures proper procedures and control of purchasing, receiving, storing and requisitioning functions; i.e. Materials Management functions.
· Oversees and assists in the recruitment and selection of all Finance and IS employees. Ensures that Heads of Department follow hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting their employees.
· Oversees the punctuality and appearance of all Finance employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Maximises the effectiveness of Heads of Department by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Conducts annual Performance Development Discussions with Heads of Department and supports them in their professional development goals. Ensures that they in turn conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with their employees.
· Ensures that each Head of Department plans and implements effective training programmes for their employees in coordination with the Training Manager and their Departmental Trainers.
· Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Supports the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Ensures that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· Feedback the results of the Employee Engagement Survey and to ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in taxes, employee and industrial relations.
· Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Hyatt International.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations.
· Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Responds to changes in the Finance function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* CA Certification is must * Minimum 2 years work experience as Director of Finance * Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MUM000578
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.